May the sixth

Are UK citizens living in France doing anything special on this day? Perhaps getting together to celebrate a joyous occasion. Or just getting on with life and maybe doing a bit of gardening.

Gus

1 Like

I reckon the neighbours will be glued to their TV’s… and we’ll be invited to join 'em.
If the weather is good, this could well be a chance for a Fête des Voisins … :+1:

1 Like

We have French friends coming round to watch and have a Coronation Chicken lunch.

2 Likes

We might raise a glass to Gustav

Is something happening?

4 Likes

It’s funny you mention gardening… :grin:

5 Likes

It’s a long week-end because the Monday is a national holiday (in France, and has been since the early 1950s) so I expect people will be doing all sorts of things, going away for the week-end etc.

Regardless of what Brits think (wherever they are…)

It’s a dead certainty that many/most of my French pals are looking forward to seeing something of the “pomp and circumstance” going-on across the channel… as it is a bit of history in the making… and will certainly be something very different to what they normally see.
It will be an excellent topic for discussion for months afterwards, I reckon… (it’ll probably challenge my vocabulary skills… :wink:)

I am a Republican at heart, but I will watch it on TV as it is an historical event.

After that a spot of naked gardening sounds interesting @Gareth

1 Like

More important

May the Forth be with you

3 Likes

I’ll be here

1 Like

I shall be with friends building a model of the Hindenburg to comemmorate the anniversary of its final flight in 1937. As it’s also World Drone Day I may take to the skies to get some footage of the finished model in flight.

7 Likes

Fantastic, what size? And what are you filling it with, something less flammable?

1 Like

I’m very excited now, my cousin is involved in the ceremony :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Quite a few if our french friends watched a bit of the Queen’s funeral for that, and because of a fondness for her. However I don’t think a single one will bother with the Coronation. I can’t see how it could match the pageantry of the Queen’s funeral anyway - the bits I saw were spectacular,

Ah, well… my neighbours are already twittering about it…

As with all nationalities wherever… folk will vary in what they like/dislike… what they choose to do and how they choose to do it…

I’ll just be glad to pass a gentle day, without breaking any bones…
It will still be quite a while before I forget 19th September 2022… :wink:

I think many people felt that way. It was her, not the institution they respected.

There’s rather more mumbo jumbo involved in the Ceremony than I realised.

1 Like

Did you know that the Palace has refused to allow more than about 1 hour of the entire Queen’s funeral coverage, to be kept and re-used by the media? As though a private family has refused records of a national, indeed, world occasion to be… well… publicly shared.

I was shocked and disgusted to read this and thought perhaps our new King is an idiot or not very nice after all.

What I read, may be rubbish of course, perhaps @kirsteastevenson might have heard if this restriction has really been made.

I’ll be watching the Coronation because after the Queen’s funeral I want to feel there is continuity of the good work she did. Perhaps I will be disappointed.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything since the original item.