May the sixth

Whatever for?

No, thats Cleef as our old neighbour used to call him and my BIL with same name.

They all ought to wear shell suits in bright colours and trainers. We would all watch that. Sorry but I personally have no time for any of the religious claptrap in these events myself, others are respected for their beliefs.

I shall probably take the day off exactly like I did when Princess Margaret got married to Tony Armstrong-Jones.

Have you a dental appointment?:smiley:

Yes. But it’s on the fifth of May.

you’ll be having the 6th off to recover then!

Definitely will be glued to the TV wishing we were there!

Sadly I shall not be attending, for personal reasons*.

*Wasn’t invited.

1 Like

Neighbours have hinted that my homemade ginger biscuits and mincemeat tart will be very welcome… :+1: “très British…”

1 Like

Tss tsss surely you will be making them coronation quiche :grinning:

1 Like

Ha ha… my neighbours know which of my offerings they like best… neither they, nor I, will be taking any chances with a new recipe… :wink:

Looks like King Charles is an omnist

Same here, but there are times when I remember how nice it was setting off to walk the dogs early in the morning and pick the odd bramble en route and enjoying its lovely slightly chilled freshness. Elsewhere they end up being covered with the same vile chemicals sprayed all over the vineyards.

1 Like

A vigneron nearby who also has a huge amount of woodland put goats and horses on the land. It is all now beautifully cleared. The wild boar and deer have lost some of their privacy, however!

2 Likes

Stella, I had some wonderful home made ginger biscuits the other day - absolutely fab. Turns out the recipe was from Delia Smith. When I checked it out - she lists Golden Syrup as one of the ingredients. Tricky to find here. What did you use?

Mine are Grantham Gingerbreads from Good Housekeeping cookery book of my early married life… no golden syrup…
but I do add more ginger… and it does need to be “within date” otherwise it loses its potency… :wink:

My local Inter has it, also try your local épicerie asiatique they usually have it too.

1 Like

I’ve not tried it myself but it looks easy enough to make your own… fancy giving it a try?

Grantham Gingerbread (crisp biscuits) are dead simple and delicious…

• 112g softened butter
  • 340g caster sugar
  • 1 medium egg
  • 250g self raising flour
  • 1 tsp ground ginger (I double it)
2 Likes