May the sixth

Save the chicken…

I KNEW there was something I didn’t like about him - this will put egg on his face!

2 Likes

Breaking news… (or eggs)…

We often enjoy spinach and goat’s cheese flan/quiche/tart (whatever it’s called)… the name is unimportant… it’s delicious…

2 Likes

Given the current state of the UK I’m surprised it wasn’t turnip quiche.

5 Likes

Give quiche a chance

7 Likes

Quiche calm and carry on.
Isn’t Quiche Richards one of the Rolling Stones?

10 Likes

Maybe we’ll see Charles and that woman on Bake off…

2 Likes

… who is, of course, closely related to ancient Christian crooner Quiche Richard.

1 Like

Crumbs, I didn’t think we’d keep this crusty old pun going so long.

4 Likes

I’ve heard that though diamonds are a girl’s best friend, a quiche on the hand may be quite continental.

6 Likes

A quiche on the lips, a lifetime on the hips?

4 Likes

Thanks to @billybutcher for the suggestion - I will be mainly eating a turnip pie and watching Blackadder reruns. On the grounds that they have more relevance to the ridiculousness of the institution that is the British monarchy than one elderly bloke (apparently instructed by ‘God’) placing a large hat decorated with stolen jewels on the head of another elderly bloke (apparently chosen by ‘God’).

6 Likes

Bring back the Regency days, I say:

1 Like

My favourite too and when visited sister in Trentino Italy I always had a Pizza Fiorentina(spinach and ricotta I think?)but have tried it with goats cheese and still yum,yum!

1 Like

I love that any and all SF threads can be turned to food!
:plate_with_cutlery::wine_glass:

4 Likes

Failing that I will organise a street party. I figure that if I put out enough trestles and serve enough quiche, jelly and trifle, the motorists who come round the hairpin bend in front of our house at 110kmph, will screech to a halt and join in the glorious celebrations. Non?

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know about the quiche (don’t really like the stuff, nor spinach, so spinach quiche is right up there in the list of dishes I don’t fancy) but if I were in the area I’d definitely stop by for jelly and trifle. :slight_smile:

Sadly I’ll be in the UK and sufficiently disinterested in the coronation that I’ve volunteered to be at work (having the day’s holiday some other time being much more use to me).

2 Likes

You could always just not watch it like millions of others.

It will be turnip quiche.

3 Likes