Maybe there is a God 😂

Tedious, isn’t Robert? The Remoaners have been replaced by the AGC. Different ERG puppets having their strings pulled but the same old playbook.

2 Likes

I agree entirely, as soon as I can posthumously forgive them, I will happily do so :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Or should that be “forgive them posthumously”? :thinking: Anyway, you know what I mean.

1 Like

Simply a case of the Government making a big mistake, which everyone has to pay for in the form of higher interest rates, and then looking to find someone, indeed anyone, else to blame rather than admit that they did it themselves.
Just following the usual rule of politics that they can say whatever they want as long as it is not the truth.

@Susannah I agree with your general point, but is it not the case that forgiveness is often something that follows contrition.

1 Like

True, but this approach has had tragic consequences in the past. One would have hoped lessons had been learned but scapegoating seems to be an intrinsic part of UK politics now. Can we expect another Battle of Cable Street?

1 Like

Probably a variation of the ‘Night of the Long Knives’ is more likely.

1 Like

I agree. I probably didn’t make my thoughts clearly enough. What I meant to say is that forgiving benefits the forgiver. Whether the forgiven benefits is up to them but all too often it is just taken as a ‘Get out of jail Free’ card. (Hopefully, not literally.)

I do have a bit of an issue with someone flippantly saying a hollow “Sorry”, without any meaning at all but as a method of getting away with something without penalty (or contrition).