Measles epidemic .. free vaccine offered to the Bordeaux students

Geoff… Worldwide… IMO… it is being claimed that there are more problems through NOT vaccinating… than from the vaccine itself…

I may be wrong… but that is my understanding of things…

Are you saying that the figures are actually the wrong way round ???

what I am saying Stella is that I am now of the opinion that vaccinating is causing the increase of incidence of measles - because vaccinating only offers short term immunity and compromises the natual lifelong immunity one would get from catching the disease as a child. So yes, as unpalatable as it is, I do actually think that vaccinations are the cause of the increase, not the other way round, especiallly in older youngsters.

We shall agree to disagree… IMO measles is something that can be vaccinated against, with excellent results…

I am happy with that Stella. You should have your viewpoint, and I mine.
And this is all I advocate; those who want to vaccinate should have the right to do so, and those who do not should have the right to refuse.

However, there will always be situations of dispute. For example…I can well understand schools refusing pupils who are not vaccinated (of whatever sort)…

2 Likes

Well they are - vaccination programmes are not compulsory after all otherwise there would not be a population of vaccination recidivists, but a population of extremely p****d off people who were vaccinated against their (or their parents) wishes.

No, but I won’t be able to look at the paper for a the moment.

This is a myth (that the massive amounts of money involved mean the drug companies hush things up for fear of loosing revenue) - yes vaccines are profitable for drug companies but they are a fraction of pharma income and profits.

1 Like