Medical for Licence Renewal

My dad went from being a very cautious and not very fast driver to a speed demon in his last years of driving with no thought for anyone else or their car and so he decided voluntarily to stop driving as he found it cheaper to take a taxi to visit mum in her care home and had a free bus pass to go shopping every week than keep paying for insurance,car servicing and petrol!

Nevertheless, probably not a good idea to come down my way - our local Lot Valley roads would be a tad more challenging than the coastal road via Port Bou.

We get a great many camping cars going past, usually with just bicycles on the back, but large motor homes (especially if towing a car or a trailer) avoid our twisty narrow roads with their hidden ditches and stone walls.

Point taken, thanks.
Currently rescheduling our next trip thanks to the Spanish farmers blockade.
We have toured many parts of the Lot Valley which is wonderful and we particularly like its raw rural feel although some places have lost their charm with 20th century and later box concrete architecture. We particular like a campsite at Capdenac-Gare which is literally at the side of the river. From there we can get where camping cars fear to tread as our Smart car has no bounds.

I know the one, we’re about 15kms further upstream which is a lot more rural.

Hope your Spanish trip goes smoothly - we’re off to Toulouse for the Art Fair.

1 Like

So true, so very, very true.

1 Like

My story is quite different as my father suggested that he would be giving up his car in a couple of years since DVLA wouldn’t renew his licence. I had to, less than gently, point out that if he had a condition that would prevent renewal then he had a condition that he should be declaring now

1 Like

My father’s condition was only discovered during a routine health check with our family doctor… and Dad went on the rather long waiting list for this major operation to “put things right”.

Bravo :slightly_smiling_face: I’m with the Mayor, a woman after my own heart.

2 Likes

I too applaud someone refusing to “act their age”… :wink: but it will be interesting to learn how this story ends… happily I hope…

If the medical shows her to be fit and able… bonne route!!!

But as she had no Insurance… it’s certainly fortunate for everyone that her dangerous driving on this occasion did not result in an accident