Merits of PUMA versus CPAM

Loueur en meublé non-professional, or loueur en meublé professional. For LMNP your turnover must be less than 23,000 or represent less than half your income.

1 Like

I don’t understand the fourth reason you have mentioned. To find out definitively if your S1 will be cancelled on the renewal date if you are classed as working and have become the responsibility of the French healthcare system suggest you contact the DWP for clarification.

Apart from posted workers, if you have an S1 you are already at retirement age. And given that the UK retirement age is usually after the French one, then the matter of which country is responsible for your healthcover would already have been resolved. The UK would not issue an S1 if France is your responsible state.

And I think the number of people who do pay into french pension schemes after they have received their UK pensions is tiny, so cases where the S1 is rescinded because you have subsequently become the responsibility of the French State are, I imagine, pretty rare.

@jac

1. Information needs updating
  2. Brexit
  3. An “anomaly”
  4. Pensioner and also earning income from gite

All of this is very useful thanks as we now realise that we defintely have to go to CPAM to get this sorted out. It can’t be done via helplines and messaging services. Every contact has given us a different excuse/reason.

At least we’re getting an idea as to the questions we need to ask.

@JaneJones I wonder? There might be quite a number of us who are supplementing our pensions these days with gites. These last years have not been kind. I said I would never do it, but that extra money over these last years has been very necessary. Thanks for clarifying the two definitions. I so appreciate your input.

Yes, same as us…we are supplementing our pensions but keep below the €23K threshold so don’t pay cotisations and therefore UK remains our responsible state.

1 Like

@JJones I’m guessing Jane that answers option 4 on my list. What’s been happening with our cartes vitales has nothing to do with the fact that we get pocket money (well below 23,000€) from our gite. :slight_smile: Thank you.

1 Like

so, who has more obligations to honour the Good Friday Agreement? Great Britain or the EU?
Whoi was spending £1 million a day on “security”?

At the moment the British Government commitment is to maintain the S1 payments.
But given their unwillingness to honour their commitments it is uncertain.
How does one do business with Government that will not honour Treaty commitments?