Micro enterprise categories of work

Hi everyone,
I am a micro entrepreneur, I have three categories of work at the moment.
In a conversation with Urssaf about the usual scarily hgh contributions, I asked them if I could add more categories to my enterprise. What I mean by categories, for example is house sitting, which is one of my categories currently.
Urssaf said I was welcome to add more categories, as they love to take my money. And I have a few lines of work in mind, but does anyone know if there is any sort of list or paramater regarding what work can be done. I know for example that I can only do limited work that would be considered agriculture without being registered under agriculture, but is there a list, a boundary of what work can be done, or any other limits? The website is a bit like treacle to go through, so I haven’t found anything yet. I just want to maximise what I do in one go, rather than confusing things by adding more categories later on.

Not exacly answering your question - but with activités mixtes under ME you need to be careful which one is your main activity. having the majority of your income from a profession libérale and a secondary activity as a reseller ain’t a great idea because you would pay cotisations at the higher rate on all your income. This table explains

Thanks for that, It’s a balancing act, and I pay the maximum at the moment anyway. But it is all for a reason, a purpose and an onward journey.

Not disagreeing with you (as you are usually right!) but…are you sure? Because when you complete the online declarations it only deducts the appropriate % from the appropriate category if you are registered for sales and prof libérale?

1 Like

As per the link - if sales is your primary activity it should calculate each activity separately.
If sales is your secondary activity it wouldn’t normally calculate them separately.

Actually thinking about it, maybe it’s only if you’re with CIPAV and p’raps not all prof libs are. And I think most activities can transfer away from CIPAV now if they want. So this may not be an issue going forward.

Ah, I wonder if I am miswording myself. I work in services in all my activities, and am adding more services. I pay the 22 percent on the total of what I earn, what I am looking for is what activities I can add to my services. I don’t currently do any sales-based work. I am looking for some sort of idea of what can or can’t be done, and I know about the agricultural work exclusion.

OK I see what you mean.
There aren’t many exclusions. However if it’s a regulated profession you still need the relevant qualifications. Rather than look for lists of what you can’t do, why not just check out the activities you want to do?

Thanks. I wanted to know what I can do. I mean, in an ideal world, there wouldn’t be an agricultural exclusion, on the other hand, it is better for my health that there is.
As well as a few ideas of what I hope to add, I am looking for inspiration as to what may be possible. Hence wondering if there was any list or idea of what is possible.

I think that the CIPAV thing is the key as James has sales and services but he’s not with the CIPAV and the figures have always been calculated separately.

1 Like

Yes.
I came across this wrinkle because someone I knew who had an AE in the same field as me, under CIPAV, had the bright idea of doing a handicraft market stall for a bit of extra cash and for the fun of it. She used to make little wooden figures and models out of dough, she had a real gift for it and they looked wonderful when she’d painted them. She was going to sell them, plus stuff she’d bought in. However when she came to pay her first lot of cotisations she was sure URSSAF had worked it out wrong. But no, it turned out she did have to pay 25% on her market stall earnings. What with the travel and stall rent and stock and raw materials it wasn’t worth carrying on, which was a real shame because she would have loved to do it.

Well, just about every conceivable activity is listed on the APE code listing. It probably runs into the thousands.

I’m not sure anyone has ever been through and picked out the ones that are permitted / suitable to be exercised under micro entrepreneur - it would take a very long time, and there are a lot that aren’t excluded but simply aren’t suitable, so where do you draw the line. One way and another it’s far easier to focus on the ones that aren’t allowed.

Then you have the professions réglementées, that aren’t specifically excluded from micro but the usual rules apply, you need to meet specific criteria in order to exercise them under micro as you would under any regime.

Thank you, you get a gold star for such thorough homework. :wink:

I copied it, Miss :shushing_face:

1 Like

You are allowed to use articles in your assignments as long as they are referenced and as long as a majority of the assignment is your own text. :woman_teacher:

1 Like

(Warning - may be a new topic!)
I’m just wondering if anybody here (Anna?) knows if you can use a Transferwise business account as your auto-entrepreneur’s business account?
(We receive payments in multiple currencies, so our Transferwise business account is tremendously useful - enabling us to invoice and receive payments in clients’ own currencies without charges - and it’s steadily acquiring all the facilities of a normal bank account).

I don’t see any reason why not.
If Transferwise had existed when I started out, that’s what I would have done.

1 Like