Micro-entrepreneur bank account

Bonjour! I’m new to this forum and this is my first post. I am in the process of setting up as a sole trader under the micro-entrepreneur tax status. I know that I do not need to have a specific ‘Professional’ bank account but am a bit confused as to whether I need a separate account at all. I have found conflicting opinions online (all from trusted sources). I have read that if my turnover is less than 10 000 Euro then I can use my current personal bank account. Please could someone confirm whether this is the case please? Many thanks in advance, Mike

Le micro-entrepreneur doit également :

avoir une qualification ou bénéficier d’une expérience professionnelle pour l’exercice des activités réglementées, comme les métiers du bâtiment, de l’automobile, de l’alimentaire, de la coiffure, de l’esthétique etc.;
souscrire le cas échéant une assurance professionnelle pour l’exercice de ces activités ;

*Se renseigner sur la réglementation liée à son activité *

ouvrir un compte bancaire dédié à l’activité professionnelle envisagée.

So according to the government you need a separate bank account.
Personally I would have a separate account even if it wasn’t obligatory. It makes the accounting so much simpler.

Thank you Anna, just found a similar article confirming the need for a separate bank account (the rules changed at the end of last year apparently). I think you’re right, separate accounts are easier to manage.

It seems to keep changing this way and that. It first became an obligation around 2014 or 2015 IIRC correctly. Then it was relaxed, then reimposed, but by that stage, having started out without a separate account and then had to open one, I had decided it is far better have one regardless so I don’t bother keeping on top of that particular question any more.

Our turnover is over 10,000€ and we don’t have a separate bank account. The accountants have never quibbled.

Are you registered as a micro entrepreneur? Since you have accountants I suspect you’re not :wink:

Duh! Moron me…missed that essential fact! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. No, we’re not micro’s.

1 Like

I “liked” your post for sorting out the confusion - not because I was agreeing that you are a moron :rofl:

1 Like