Mobile Forfaits-Go and Mo?

Hi,can anybody who is in to mobiles and data tell me what the difference is between data-Mo and Go please, as you can tell,i have no idea,everyone that i have asked so far have very little idea too.I have a smartphone with a contract with Reglo,for the last few years i had 100Mo but from January this year i have noticed that i only get 2Mo now,i assume that there is a big difference,have looked at Reglo mobile,s latest forfaits and they all seem to offer Go now.I am not a big user as i have an old Doro phone which i use a lot,much clearer for calls and texts and a better signal.Any suggestions as to how much Data is a sensible amount for small usage would be appreciated,thanks.

2Mo = 2 mégaoctets/megabytes, presumably of mobile data.

That is a tiny amount of mobile data - download three or four good resolution photos & it’s gone.

100Mo = 100 megabytes - still a relatively tiny amount of mobile data.

1Go = 1 gigaoctets/gigabyte.

Hi,thanks for reply,so 1Go is a lot more than Mo,how many Go would be a sensible amount for a relatively low user please.

1Go is 1000 times more than 1Mo.

1-2Go/month should suit a light user who uses the mobile data for checking email or looking at a few websites every few days.

If you listen to the radio over the internet, then 1Go is about 15 hours of audio.

For video, 1Go would provide a little over one hour of viewing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info,it,s looking a lot clearer now.

If you have an older, basic Doro phone (i.e. not smart) then it will be 2G and doesn’t need any data allowance. As 2G is being phased out you may find in some locations you cannot get a signal.

It would help if you posted theexact model of Doro phone.

Edit: one Go = approx 1000Mo

For what it’s worth, 5Go will last my wife and I around 10 days careful internet use, no streaming video or big downloads using just mobile data. For normal use I think we’d want about 40Go per month.

40Go is consistent with our monthly usage (for two of us). We don’t have WiFi so use 4G signal exclusively. We are light users ie, no videos, no live streaming etc, just emails, a few WhatsApp calls and internet searching/reading of articles…

1 Like

Thanks for replies,i am looking at contracts that offer 80Go and underneath there is a globe sign which i assume is internet use at 9Go,which i assume is 9Go out of the 80Go,with 4G whatever that is,looking at replies,would this be a decent offer for a light user,checking emails,occasional internet search,Whats App calls,thanks.

80Go is what I have and I rarely use more than half of it.

The only country I regularly visit is the UK for a month or so and my provider (Sosh) allows 10Go/month of user outside France which has always been sufficient for emails, maps for navigation apps etc.

When outside France, I only watch videos or download large files if I’m on WiFi, so as not too use up my data allowance unnecessarily.

4G refers to ‘4th Generation’ data technology and it’s available pretty much anywhere. That is, it’s better (generally, faster) than 2G and 3G but not as fast as the more recent - and still not universally available - 5G.

Ummm… I suspect this means that your overall monthly mobile data use on your provider’s own network is 80Go, & that the 9Go is the monthly maximum when roaming on other networks abroad, but is counted as part of your 80Go.

Mobile data covers everything from looking at websites, email, gaming, internet radio, streaming, any internet based messaging service (i.e. WhatsApp, FB Messenger, iMessage, Telegram, Signal etc.).

Real mobile 'phone calls & texts (SMS) do not use mobile data.