Mobile phone and internet

Morning supposed to get Orange wifi yesterday did not turn up also new SIM in mobile locked ? Y mobile did die ? Having trouble getting hold of someone any advise

Are you able to phone your provider’s helpline, perhaps from a UK mobile? If you’re with Orange they have an English-speaking helpline on 0969 36 39 00 (+33 969 36 39 00 if calling from a UK mobile). I’ve found them to be helpful - and accurate with appointments etc.

The default unlock code for new SIMs vary but it’s worth trying the most common - 0000 or 1111 or 1234

Have you entered the PUK (pin unlock code) that came with your SIM card

Thanks again all for the input mobile now working next mission internet gotten from orange supplied by SFR didn’t turn up yesterday :grinning:

Phone the helpline! They are there to… help!

Hi am in the manche area anyone advide on an Internet company were waiting on SFR to install now going into week 4 .
Also didnt realise you have to provide the cover for wire and make the hole engineer came we weren’t ready (as above) also had to remove tree branches ( all done now). were not mind readers so engineer went after 3 calls to office supposed to rearrange today shock no call . Are there any other providers that may want our €€ any suggestions thanks

If you are eligible think of Bouygues 4G offer

Given that your supplier has already attended, it is possible that you have entered into a contract with them.

Closing or rescinding a contract in France is more complicated than in the UK - unless the contract is terminated correctly your putative supplier will probably take monthly payments as per the terms you agreed.

I suggest you make sure the contract is properly cancelled before commissioning another service provider.

1 Like

Haven’t signed mandate yet i do get asked to by SFR

Well its over a month and weve had many phine calls to SFR via french talking friend otherwise we’d get nowhere. Apparently we have to make ready the wire and anything else b4 engineer can connect us would have helped SFR to know this b4 !! Now we can’t actually have WIFI with SFR as our address other than our surname is the same as neighbours so will have to wait till we get a number apparently by xmas or next year or go somewhere else. Who knows a good WIFI provider

Err, if you have broadband (fibre/cellular/satellite/WIMAX/ASDL etc) wired into you house and terminated with an RJ45 socket, you just need a router that can generate a WiFi network and a Cat5 cable to link them.

Phone the Orange dedicated English-speaking helpline: 09 69 36 39 00
Tell them you need a new internet connection and they should explain the options and what you need to do.

Hi thanks will give it a go

I have had letter written in french sending tomorrow and so it begins

Good luck with the cancellation! Don’t forget to send it as a signed-for letter; in French, " lettre recommandée avec avis de réception".

If you just send it by normal post they are likely to ignore it. Using the signed-for service means there is proof they received it so they will act.

Good afternoon
Have sent letter today and registered although was advised not to add signatures . Anyway I hope to get that stopped and start with Orange. I already have an Orange box set we could may restart with Orange but am concerned that well end upnqith SFR and Orange .