Mobile phone tariffs again

You can do it on their website Bob. No need for a new SIM and for €20 PM you’ll get unlimited calls, SMS and 150GB (which is a lot). The also have an interim offer now of (I think 80GB) for 10 or 11 quid a month which moves to the 20 quid tariff (and allowances) after twelve months. But by then there’ll be other offers around.

I’ve tried John
What am I doing wrong ffs???

the other thing with Mint is that they allow you to choose which carrier you want to use depending on what is best where you live, i thought this was pretty cool - never seen any other companies do this. I use them for elctricity and they have good customer service, not sure if as someone said would be different for mobile.

Can you change which carrier you use with Mint periodically?

Not sure Mat.

I’m still with Free but did consider going to their €4,99 special - I think it was for 5go which as I don’t stream music or anything would be an improvement on my current nothing with €2 Free sim!

Do you know how to navigate the Free website Tory?

I’ll have a look Bob, we had the opposite issue with them - they kept sending texts to teenager asking him if he wanted to upgrade to the €9,99 special and one night at a party it seems he texted back ‘oui’ and they just did it without checking with us or anything. Took us 4 months to sort it out and we never got our money back or anything. BUT he did not need to change his SIM so you should be able to do it.

I haven’t got any of my logs in saved (dh does phone stuff) but I imagine it must be fairly simple once you are in your ‘espace abonee’ - they have the big advert on the front page, I wonder if you log on and then click on that if you can do it and then it perhaps asks you if you want a new package or to upgrade your existing???

I have that forfait from Reglo. I’ve been quite satisfied with it for 3 years now.

1 Like

I’m also with Free - 80GB per month, unlimited calls and texts for €13.99 - I’ve been very happy with the coverage and 4G speeds but I don’t use anywhere near that much data and I’m trying to downgrade to a cheaper monthly plan. I’m not sure it’s possible - like you said Bob, their site is a nightmare.

Sorry Bob, Just saw this. I’ll take look tomorrow and post a few screen grabs.

Nigel, I think you can just just downgrade to a €2 euro deal. I’ll take a look at the site tomorrow.

Thanks John.

Thanks John

I hope I’ve got the problem correct because it seems to work OK for me.

This website…

https://mobile.free.fr/account/

Then this page…

And this page…

Maybe I’m missing something here :crazy_face:

I’ve just posted a reply to Bob and yourself Nigel, am I missing something in the nature of the problem?

A few years ago I took the 2 euro offer to have a phone on site, as I was working away from home…& SFR, my then operator didn’t have a network in that area.
I later changed to Free for my main mobile number…
I think this is where the problem lies, as I can only change “forfait” via the main account, which is the “temporary” number I had.
So I may have to change both, then try to just keep one.
Of course, it doesn’t appear you can just pick up the phone & speak to someone…different story when they phone 4 times a day, trying to sell me something.

Ahh, yes. I guess you have to transfer your SFR number to a new Free account. That’ll involve a new SIM all right. I have three Free numbers, two I use for data and one as my mobile, I can manage them all from the one free account, so you could order your new SIM from you existing account I’d guess.

I’ll have another look, thanks John