Model Makers?

Very realistic Dave, good paint job :+1:
Are the ‘plates’ on top one, representing ‘reactive armour’?
I was given a piece of that to use as a boat mooring years ago, caused a security panic at the local ‘tank testing’ depot, apparently, it wasn’t the material but the, ‘convenient for my purposes’ hole that had been blasted through it by some experimental projectile :roll_eyes:

On the desert yellow one yes reactive armour.

On the Panther they are extra sheets of armour as the hull was thinly armoured

Kind regards Dave Ellen MD Apex Revenues and Benefits Solutions LTD mobile 07880542944

Ah!, thought it was spare track on the Panther Dave :+1:

Any pics of the aircraft Dave?

R/C model boats here!!

In fact, Flo and I have a small company creating r/c kits of ferries at 1:96 /1:100 scale. I do the development work (designing, prototyping, laser-cutting, 3D printing etc.) and Flo runs the admin side of things. This is all in addition to our regular full-time jobs.

We chose the subject of ferries as most other ship and boat ‘types’ are covered by more established companies - and, mainly, because I wanted a model of a particular ferry…the first ferry I ever travelled on in 1973 on my first visit to Europe. We currently have two kits on the market but we are actively developing others that will be released later this year.

Linkspan Models is our little venture and we are hoping that, by the time we move full-time to France, it will be a fully viable little business that can sustain us into our dotage.

Here are a couple of shots of the current two models :

www.linkspanmodels.co.uk

Carl

2 Likes

And best wishes for success Carl :+1:
I’m ‘into’ sailing ships myself, but was at an event in Questembert 56, yesterday, a lot of models on display, my favourite was this RC boat, as I have also built model steam engines in the past, this is a beaut’ and ‘scratch built’ Wow!

1 Like

Many thanks Bill :slight_smile:

Looking forward to checking out the model boat club scene in France in time - I know it exists!!! That live steam yacht in your photo certainly looks impressive. Unfortunately, the art of live steam in boats is dying out here in the UK - due to cost in the main and the lack of youngsters coming into the hobby. A shame really as a model like the one above is a joy to see steaming across a picturesque pond.

C

1 Like

Some good info on line re Your enterprise Carl and Flo’, hope it goes well :+1:

1 Like