Mondial Relais - Europe

Hi, Just looking on parcel monkey for a box of pressies to the UK and it seems that the cheapest is the new service from Mondial relais. Has anyone used them? Or have anyone else they do use that are cheap to send parcels? I still don’t get how I can send a box up to 30kg from the UK to here for about GBP 15 and it is at least double the other way! Anyway at least seems to be improving with these guys getting in.

1 Like

Yup, we use them no problem.

2 Likes

I’m thinking I may pay the extra €5 to be able to drop in the village with DPD rather than have to drive to Bergerac!

If Bergerac is more than 15km away it would cost you more than that to drive there and back…!

2 Likes

We use them to send our Christmas presents and all our Christmas cards in a package so our friends back home can post them on for us due to the cost per card far out weighing the cost of the parcel.
We made the mistake of posting a parcel to New Zealand once with La Poste, never again :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yes, have sent ten parcels (9 to UK, 1 within France) over the past fortnight. It’s quite slow - one week for UK - but much cheaper than La Poste.

1 Like

La Poste can be breathtakingly expensive. A parcel to my daughter in Oz was €127! (plus €2 for the box :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Just checked prices before and after the new year! Ouch! Prices for sending parcels in Europe are high enough, but third countries it is eye watering! Last year for presents actually being sent.

This thread is 11 months old so I was wondering if this is still a good/cheap way to send a parcel from France to UK. My friend is coming to stay with me for 3 months and would like to send a parcel of clothes so she has less to carry with her when travelling. Would you all still recommend this service and do you have a link please?
Many thanks
Izzy x

I had a feeling Mondial Relay had completely stopped sending to the U.K., presumably because the extra customs stuff made it unaffordable for the volumes they did, but that may have only been a temporary thing while the situation settled down so it’s worth checking.

Thank you. I will check.
Izzy x