Mornington Crescent

Now for a tough one: Burnt Oak!

I suppose Plaistow would be appropriate.

Woolwich Arsenal seems the obvious progression

Lambeth North

Aha, do I smell a new round about to emerge from the inky depths of sad fantasy?

Turnpike Lane!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

I'm just reading (again) a ISIHAC book bought about ten years ago. It's full of nonsense of course and one particular round I enjoy is the 'Historical Headlines' - The page i'm looking at is headlines from the newspapers of the day describing the Gunpowder Plot :

The Star - "Fuse, Wot A Scorcher"

The Daily Mail - " Government Knives Out For Fawkes"

The Guardian - " Remember, Remember, The Fourth Of November"

The Sun - "Guy Fawkes It Up"

Sprirtualists Weekly - " Now There'll Be Fireworks"

Exchange & Mart - "Will Swop Eight Barrels Of Gunpowder For An Asbestos Suit"

The Financial Times - " Boom Fails To Materialise"

Iā€™m Sorry I Havenā€™t a Clue has been on since 1972 as the follow up to Iā€™m Sorry Iā€™ll Read That Again. Humphrey Lyttelton was chairman until 2008, over the years Barry Cryer, Willie Rushton and many other famous funny people and a few who try to be funny plus some who are not in the least funny have had a go and Mornington Crescent has become the game within the quiz for which there are no exact rules but thousands of variations on possible rules with guest rules allowed. If that does not make it any clearer then at least it is in character because clarity has never been a feature of Mornington Crescent.

In a custard tart...? Blasted hearing aid! What was the young man saying?

Hope that it whistled like a Bird and that it has a purpose for making tea

not Fervex.

I really have no idea about this game.

Dinner at Barbara's.....why not!

Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking i'd just like to say er, oh hold on the kettle has just boiled....

And to the proud victor the grand prize of... errrr?????????????????????

If Moreton's 2nd Parallel comes into play when Tottenham Hale has been played then surely i'm allowed to claim Mornington Crescent ?

I claim victory !

1 Like

Points scored according to the Continuous Chain Method and will count towards league standings in the Armitage Shanks Memorial Bowl. Then according to Moretonā€™s 2nd parallel, if two parallel moves follow consecutively, the order of play is automatically reversed. Rule 7 is also reinstated. Return flight to LHR from Bordeaux, after dinner at Barbara's, then on to Uxbridge.

Liverpool street for Tottenham Hale then on to the Stanstead

train and eventually everyone's treat....fly with Ryanair to Bergerac Airport.

Peckham Rye is the obvious move..

Tooting Bec, any further offers.

After all that walking about, I need a G&T - Canada Water

Or you could go to Covent Garden tube and view the old and new; shops and eateries

then walk to Foyles. Finally eat in China Town before walking to Goodge Street!

Gnnnnaaaah! Leicester Square to escape into a good movie then...