Motorbikes & Quads etc WILL need to get a CT

Here is the provisional info from my local Autosur Tester:

Motorized vehicles with two or three wheels and motorized quadricycles registered before January 1, 2023 are subject to a compulsory technical inspection according to the following schedule:

• the first inspection of vehicles registered before 1 January 2016 is carried out in 2023;
  • the first inspection of vehicles registered between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2020 is carried out in 2024;
  • the first inspection of vehicles registered between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021 is carried out in 2025;
  • the first inspection of vehicles registered between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022 is carried out in 2026.

This control must be carried out, at the latest, within four months following the anniversary date of their first entry into circulation, within the limit of December 31 of the year provided for.

Oh and Quads are included (Quadricycles)

Thank you, :grinning:. So, in the unlikely event of me being able to register our Ape (no paperwork available) it doesn’t need to be tested till 2026 then. :thinking:

I think the listing is talking about vehicles came into use… as “registered”…
rather than the date when you might manage to “register tha Ape in France”.

1 Like

If the pizza barrow has previously been registered in France then that date applies for the CT. When i was in Brescia some years ago i watched the locals have a Piaggio Ape race. bloody brilliant. Souped and tuned to within an inch of their lives.

Never registered in France, was brought from London many years ago and what little paperwork was involved has long been lost.

So, it is an “older thingie” and M Macron wants the oldies dealt with without delay.
There’ll be more info coming along as and when the CT thingie gathers momentum and bursts forth on the world… :rofl: :roll_eyes:

1 Like