Motorbikes & Quads etc WILL need to get a CT

These new regulations are being phased-in from October 2022, depending on age of the machine. (older ones first…)

1 Like

Good I am all for it.

2 Likes

I wonder if that includes quad bikes??

No idea, personally… but as this is being pushed by the Environment, Anti-pollution, Anti-bruit folk as well as the all-important SAFETY aspect, I suspect everything motorised will be covered in the end.

Is any action being taken to deter motorists tailgating? It is absolutely rampant. Drives me mad.

1 Like

I’m not worried about the bikes, it’s the lunatics on them that worry me. Somebody needs to explain to them that just because their tyre print is marginally on their side of the road, leaning in like a wannabe Agostini puts their head close to my A pillar.

2 Likes

Didn’t take Macron long to undo the deferral of that he announced before the election, did it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Surely it’s the Conseil d’État who have brought an end to the “delay” which had been put in place last August ??

This would interest OH. The quad has only ever been used off road, but the weekly run to the commune poubelles does mean having to use the public highway for about 100 metres!

It doesn’t mention quads, I guess the "department " responsible will write to bike/probably quad owners to give a deadline to get it done (I’ve an interest as got a quad too)

1 Like

This makes interesting reading…

1 Like

Oh Letsmile, just when I was about to congratulate Stella for not writing quad bikes, :astonished: Quads are not bikes they have 4 wheels !!!

Sorry, one of my pedantic hates, always guranteed to wind me up. :roll_eyes:

On the subject of registration etc., we still have a 3 wheel Ape van in the garden. Powered by a scooter engine on the back axle and steered by handlebars in the cab, it was very useful for the shops when we only had one car. We knew when we bought it that it would need registration when the law changed in 2009 but this was well in advance of that and we accepted it. Apart from that it was the source of some amusement when witnessing or hearing of Fran’s wild antics on it.

Long time used just for storage I briefly thought about trying to get it registered recently during the panic over my driving licence expiry date as it is a sans permis.

Age showing through :grinning:

1 Like

Hmm… I can understand why some bikers might immitate this chap (and imagining they’re on the track) … he is still acknowledged as “the greatest”…

Too true, I though that as I typed it. Though Barry Sheen wouldn’t have been much better :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Folk would sometimes look askance at me, if I was rabbiting on about Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers etc … and, of course, the Maurice Chevalier Monologues (that definitely ages me at over 100)… except that my parents and grandparents raved about these folk…(amongst others of course)… thus I was “brought-up” as if these were my contemporaries… :rofl: :rofl:
and, at least Agostini is still alive…
I can still recite some of those musical hall monologues… but I can’t always remember what day it is today… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
(Barry Sheen rings a bell… but he has left the building… I think… :wink: )

1 Like

What does the day of the week matter to us Stella? Especially now that most things are open on Sunday mornings. I remember Barry because after his multiple pile ups he’d more titanium in him than Lee Majors (six million dollars would seen a bargain for that sort of work today).

1 Like

I’ve got a few photos of Barry that I took at Brands. Late in his career though but still had his No 7 on.

1 Like

Great rider, great character. Those were the happy go lucky days…

OK, I admit to being old enough to have seen Barry Sheene in Norfolk… Snetterton I think it was… I was a mere slip of a girl… :wink: