Moving back to UK - what's the process?

Hello everyone,

I’m going to be moving back to the UK around May this year and I was wondering what the process is?
I’ve spoken to a couple who have moved back and they said they just close down their accounts, insurance, etc and that was it.

I don’t have a house that I’ve bought so that’s okay. I just have an open bank account, insurances, Siret number, carte de séjour, etc.

I appreciate all your advice, and thank you in advance!

1 Like

If you have a business Siret number then you need to cancel that officially with the relevent Chambre or you will remain under fire from URSSAF et al. I would keep the CDS in case you decide the UK is not for you after all and want to return, you have a limited time in which to be away. Just make sure all insurances are officially cancelled either by LRAR or in person at an agence or they will remain active and even a bank account might be left open for a bit until you decide otherwise. Its harder to start stuff up than resiliation.

1 Like

The SIRET covers a business activity, which will also need shutting down:

1 Like

Could be worth checking if France Impôts might still want an annual tax declaration from you for a certain number of years after you leave? For some reason I seem to recall seeing 3 years somewhere but can’t recall the context.

1 Like