Mozzies, help please!

Feed me Seymour.

I posted last year that a restaurant we ate in burnt coffee grounds to deter wasps

2 Likes

yep… it’s not my idea… we learn from others… that’s how life goes round and round… :wink:

2 Likes

Indeed, we first heard about it from a Portuguese friend. It’s great living in a multicultural environment!

3 Likes

And the coffee grounds have already been paid for.

1 Like

Going to be short on tiramisu now. :blush:

I haven’t noticed any mosquitoes here (yet)

Cause they’re all in my garden :sob:

They’ve just got going here this week :roll_eyes:

Isn’t that the stuff the US army sprayed all over Vietnam (along with Agent Orange, of course, and napalm) ? :open_mouth:

I don’t know, were the Americans trying to reduce malaria too? Maybe to prevent troops getting ill?

If you look at any mossy repellent the only ones that are really effective need to have at least 50% DEET. If you are in a malaria area then you have the choice of using it and/or anti malaria drugs, all of which have some side effects. Over the years we’ve used Malarone, Chloroquine and Doxycycline, but always with DEET as well, and luckily never been struck down.

If they are just an annoyance, like here, then a non DEET deterrent is probably fine, though not as effective.

Just dont get DEET anywhere near plastic.

Word to the wise, I didn’t know that.

Nor did I until the hotel complained :confounded: the dressing table had bottle ring marks on it. Eats right through some finishes and plastics.

Good grief… sounds like folk would be better coating themselves with coffee and smouldering… :wink: :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Might burn a little less, although I am a delicate soul, after 2 days my skin would feel burning sensation after applying strong DEET.

We discovered in Canada that it had an amazing ability to dissolve the soles of shoes… We also wondered what the local town were thinking when they had their Canada day fireworks right on the bank of the river. :roll_eyes:

Anyway, saw this and thought of you all:

2 Likes

What was the thread or the websites?

If I’ve managed to get links to work, it’s this one…

Cute little spiral holder purchased from Auchan yesterday :heart_eyes:

It diffuses the smoke really well, and our silly baby chicks (well boy and hubby either!) can’t burn themselves :rofl:
Also got some citronella candles, one big one, one on a stick. Been raining so not fully tested yet.

3 Likes