Mrs May's Christmas Message

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-theresa-may-message-uk-eu-nationals-rights-christmas-a8119416.html

Are we reassured?

And Santa has just left my brand new Aston Martin outside too, things are looking up.:thinking:

Sadly I donā€™t trust ā€œourā€ politicians so not feeling any more secure or reassured.

After all the nonsense that was presented to us in the lead up to the referendum - by both sides of the argument - it will be a long time (if ever) before I believe anything they tell us whether in government or outside.

I am still going ahead with my application for french citizenshipā€¦

Everybody who is pro EU should sign the ā€œKeep EU citizenshipā€ petition that is going around on FaceBook

I thought that folded.

Personally I think that a petition on FB is as much use as a chocolate fireguard ! If it gives hope to others then why not ? 'Tis the season to be jolly, bah humbug ā€¦

But it does go to the official petitions siteā€¦

@anon89172871

Annā€¦ Iā€™ve just made a batch of chocolate teaspoonsā€¦ :blush: (they are delicious)

1 Like

Oh Stella that has made me laugh so muchā€¦how do you make them and what do you do with them ? (not a rude question) but I am not noted for my culinary skills ! Probably easier for me to make them in cement ! :wink:

I have moulds and melt various chocolates together. sometimes I add Piment dā€™Espelette or ginger. I fill the round mid-dark chocolates with orange/lemon concoction or an alcoholic prune mixture (the Maire loves these), the lozenge shape are extra dark chocolate with a caramel inside and the spoons are mix of dark/milk chocolate and taste super eaten or stirred into coffee.

4 Likes

If there is a knock on your door over the festive season it will be me ready to try out all these delicious goodies. Oh, if only I had a little talent in the kitchen ! My French ā€˜partnerā€™ will be eating at mine on Christmas day and is getting quite anxious, ā€œyou do know not to cook filet mignon too long, what recipe are you using, what will you be serving with itā€ ? My reply, ā€™ bring a sandwich just in case it all goes wrong ā€™ :wink: Luckily I have lots of cheese and wines available, ho, ho ho :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You will have a lovely timeā€¦just relax and enjoy yourselvesā€¦ and pour another glassā€¦ :smiley:

2 Likes