Multiple Trip 90 day Annual Travel Insurance

We are living in France. My husband is a seafarer (on a cruise ship) and I get to travel with him 3 months at a time, 3 months back home in France, and then 3 months or so at sea again, then back home, etc.

We have been using LV Insurance in the UK for annual travel insurance that covers more than 90 days - sometimes this includes the USA, sometimes not. The terms and conditions are that I have to leave from the UK to validate the insurance. Not a problem - we ensure I fly to the UK and then fly out on another ticket.

We have been very happy with LV’s competitive price, but they have bumped up their prices by 50% with the last quote - despite being with them for a few years. :dizzy_face:

Can anyone recommend an insurance company in France that covers multiple 90 day annual travel insurance? (A friend who works with AXA in France is not able to help us.)

Most travel insurance companies based in the UK require you depart from the UK, something that we want to try and not have to do (to cut flights costs and time). We would rather be able to leave straight from within France or the EU and go direct to the ship (wherever it may be).

This company insures for the duration you wish to travel

1 Like

Thanks Peter, I’ll have a look into it. Much appreciated.

I use Europesure. I’m too old for ACS!

I’ll have a look at it Rachman. Thanks for that. :slight_smile:

I, and probably some others on the forum too, should be interested as to what you decide on, and why, and if you find any other insurance that is better. Thanks.

1 Like

I will do - closer to October when my husband’s next contract on a cruise ship will start.

Can you buy travel insurance in the UK, if you are a french resident?

Nearly all UK insurances are for UK residents only.

OK, thank you

The Revolut Premium Plan includes multi-trip travel insurance for 7.99 a month.

A quick update on this. We have decided to go with truetraveller.com for my travel insurance at this time. It doesn’t matter which country you live in. All that matters is you give the start date of your holiday, and return date. Of course you have to declare anything medical. They cover longer than 90 days and they cover cruises. Brilliant. The price was cheaper than LV in the UK.

(As a former medical secretary - please do declare everything, even if you feel it is not 'valid. If you do have to make a claim, travel insurance companies will ask your GP for your medical records and if you have not declared something for your travel insurance - then it could invalidate your claim. I have see that often!)

Anyway… we shall see how things go with the insurance as time goes by. If we change it in the future - I will update this post.

DH’s assigned contract with the ship is to South America/Antarctica and I’m looking forward to going with him in October.

3 Likes