Music to lighten the mood - please add your own choices

2 Likes

Compared with my mood at the moment even Leonard Cohen would be uplifting.

2 Likes

Each time I hear this/watch it, his words come over differently somehow… or so it seems…

perhaps it just depends on what is going on at the time…

4 Likes
4 Likes

Seventy-six trombomes — anyone ???

and for the Irish among us…

Indeed. Elvis had a genuine blues voice. Bear in mind that, as Muddy Waters wrote and sang ‘The Blues Had A Baby And They Called The Baby Rock and Roll’

The song that launched Rock and Roll was Elvis’s recording of ‘That’s Alright’ by Arthur ‘Big Boy’ Crudup, a Delta blues singer who’s own recording career began after being found living in a packing crate in Chicago.

In those days popular music was divided on strictly racial lines. White radio stations would never play records by black artists. Sam Philips, the founder of Sun Records, was convinced that if he could find a white singer who could sing ‘black music’ [the blues], that would be the breakthrough into the mainstream charts

And Elvis was that link.

Elvis, as we know, wound up singing slush for Hollywood movies and Las Vegas
But the early songs bear witness to the music that gave us the child of the blues - Rock and Roll.

O.M.G.! You should hear 20 children learning how to play bagpipes. That might cure you.

My god daughter and family lived next to the primary school in Park Walk, just off World’s End, Chelsea. Once a week there was 2 hrs of bagpipe lessons.

20 cats in a sack.

“It is interesting to note that bugles and drums were recorded as musical instruments, where the bagpipe ranked among the lists of weapons. This continued through the Great War. Perhaps a fitting place for the pipes, but a tragic legacy for the piper James Reid who played at the last bloody battle of the Jacobites on Culloden Moor.”

The precendent was set at the trial of the piper. Reid was hanged drawn and quartered for treason on the grounds that the Scots never went into battle without a piper at their head.

ha ha… I know all about the horrors of youngsters and musical instruments … :laughing: :rofl: coming from a musical family… where… sadly… not everyone had a good ear… :roll_eyes: :relieved: :scream_cat:

Back to the music. This is called ‘Carnival’ from the album ‘Way of the Sun’ by Jade Warrior.

And indeed it is a carnival.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=161AB0A0D66F5E6A&id=161AB0A0D66F5E6A!5597&parId=161AB0A0D66F5E6A!5583&o=OneUp

You might have to click < or > [previous or next] then go fwd or back to Track 07 to get it to play.

Click back to T4 'Heaven Stone’ for something more peaceful, lyrical. Beautiful flute solo.

1 Like

+1 for Larry Carlton, but who doesn’t like cake (and guitars):

1 Like

Very topical, being as loo rolls seem to have dominated recent news

Some time for fun.

1 Like

@Wozza thank you for bringing back some lovely memories…

1962 was a wonderful year… plus Terry Scott had us roaring with laughter singing about his brother… (and some of those antics rang a bell in our household :rofl: )
and good old Bernard Cribbins took a drag on his fag and dug his hole in the ground… :relaxed: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :upside_down_face:

By 1970 Benny Hill was making us all laugh with hot rolls every morning and crumpet every night …mind boggling… and I remember my elder sister asking Mum if she could have some milk to put in her bath… :rofl: :roll_eyes:

You have really raised my spirits…
cheers

Stella,
Glad you enjoyed them, happy memories for me too, Sunday morning radio with all the family, just before my favorite meal of the week.

2 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

Going Down Slow,

2 Likes