MY details on Insurance form for an accident I didn't have!?

Hope that nobody else has had this problem - but that somebody may be able to help!

I have been contacted (by phone and by letter) by an Insurance company. They have the form filled in at the site of an accident, with my name and address details correct, but I wasn’t driving, have never even been to the place where the accident occured and have never owned or driven the car involved.

I have spoken to MY insurance company - and written a letter saying that I have never owned or driven that car.

BUT - what I would like to do is find out who it was that fraudulently used my name and address and sue them! I am particularly distressed about the whole thing as the car involved in the accident was driving on UK plates.

So I wondered, does anybody know if I have any “right” to find out who it was? Or any way in which I can find out? Or how I can use the law to stop them in their tracks?

Thank you for any help or advice you can offer!!

LB!

Thanks! Sorry to be so dumb!! Not very up to speed with SFN and how it all works yet. Learning something new every day!!
Thanks L x

Hi Lucy - here’s the link to his page http://www.survivefrance.com/profile/GrahamDooley but in future you can use the search box in the top right corner to search for a person or an electrician or a discussion on car registration etc etc - just type in the keywords! Good luck! Cx

Parfait. Merci beaucoup. Je vais aller au Gendarmerie demain matin.
J’aime beaucoup votre espece de franglais. C’etait tres utile!! L

Thank you!
How do I contact Graham Dooley?!!
L x

Merci!
Je peux faire une plainte contre X? J’ai pensé en dois savoir le nom!

Hi Lucy
Get in touch with Graham Dooley - he may well be able to help.
C x