My situation

Tobias, but that is precisely my point. This is NOT a tenancy, no tenancy agreement exists, no tenancy agreement was offered or signed as these were allegedly prospective new owners.

These people are occupying Brian's property as squatters and Brian and his advocate are seemingly acting as if they have every right to be there and in doing so reinforcing their "right" to occupy the property.

So if they are telling the utility companies they are "legal" tenants and Brian does nothing when this finally arrives at court the justice might say, well you "Brian" seem to have accepted what is now the status quo, they are tenants with no agreement as to term and conditions and etc and my guess is that they will either decline to sign one or only accept one on very favourable terms to themselves.

So potentially, Brian is well and truly screwed unless he takes action and now.

orian, please forgive me if I misunderstand but you and your advocate seem very passive in your actions.

You say that your illegal tenants/ squatters have changed the "owner" from you to them with France Telecom?, EDF and the water Company. So why hasn't your advocat and/or you written to these companies and say that you are the pwner,they are illegal tenants and all bills should be snet to you an dyou pay them. Which of course you won't so they cut off or even demand that they are cut off immediately.

Why hasn't your advocate already threated them with legal action? Why hasn't he put a charge on their property (if that is doable in France)?

Why haven't the huissiers been there already?

It all seems very passive to me. I truly don't understand.

Ohje another one. Brain: don't go to the same notaire, he wasn't really straight forward ;-)

I can recommend a french lawyer if you want (no names here, but he was successful on two occasions with our properties and it had cost just 1800, but one case in Paris was horrible). Use a UK based agent to sell or do seasonal rental for the time being. For the eviction the are better methods (also not for public, but successful). But you have to stick to the procedure that the notice was delivered by a hussier.

No problem Brian if I can be of assistance. Just give me fair notice to allow me to sort out work & home committments.

PM by requesting to make contact with me or i'll do it with you and you just need to 'accept' the invitation

Please call me on 06 65 02 75 09

Their own house does exist my avocat did a search.

Steffi, how does one PM someone on here please?

Thanks for your input Tobias.

Fully concur

Last thing I need is a slanging match Steffi with so much information coming at one, it is hard enough to separate wheat from chaff.

Pleasure Brian... hope it works out for you :)
Btw just saw Robert Moon's post... GENIUS!

Thanks Steffi, have tried twice with letters worded by my avocat; will see what the huissier/mairie says regarding this. I will print this off.

Water, electricity, tel in their name.

How do I PM you please John? I do have email and tel no.

Peter I might just take you up on the translating. I get by but by no means fluent. How does one PM on here please? Do you have a contact tel no please? May possibly have someone in the village but have to see if they are amenable.

Rob, new to site, how do I PM you please? D yo have a contact tel no please?

Nice one!

If plan to all your house you maybe able to sell it to your squatters via a govt program introduced in the 1990s in which govt provided cheap loans to the squatters releasing the owners and giving them some compensation. I believe govt. paid owners at market value.

Govt then became responsible to colłect rent/mortgage.

Do not know more only that my neighbors the squatters obtained their home by this method.

Beware your neighbors who probably do not want those sponges in their community

The original proprietor seems happy with his cash settlement.

Good luck. Avoid wrath of your neighbors who most likely also do not want scrounges in their community.

Pointless remark Peter. Please don't stir the shit unnecessarily.