Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Another year for the poor woman, and then possibility of not being allowed to leave.

Much tho’ I am not convinced about the wisdom of Obama’s prisoner swap and paying back money owed to Iran, it did get their nationals back. And I can’t Iran see ever letting Nazanin go until they get their money back from the UK, so to me Boris should just find a way to pay it.

7 Likes

The last time Johnson was involved things got decidedly worse for her so I’m not sure he’s the best man for the job (or any job, come to that).

But I agree - the poor woman has suffered enough and will continue to be used as a bargaining chip. The UK should find a competent but unshowy diplomat to quietly find a way to get her back home, even if it means meeting some Iranian demands.

5 Likes

It is not as if we do not agree that Iran is owed this money. It is the USA and its sanctions on Iran that is the cause of the problem.

1 Like

UK should do everything in it’s power to aid it’s citizens.

Her problem is that she did not go to Eton.

Andy

3 Likes

Would love to reply to your comment, but would probably get thrown off. Sad you find this something to joke about.

1 Like

The USA managed to find a way round this “problem”, so why can’t the UK?

1 Like

I thought the UK had taken back control :thinking:

1 Like

Gentle correction totally accepted Peter

Andy

1 Like

BoJo and Biden do not get on, but I would have thought that humanitarian considerations would be of the primary concern in this case, seeing just how far the Iranians are prepared to go to make this innocent young woman and her family suffer.

1 Like

Good Afternoon Frank,

I am really sorry if I have upset you. This was not my intention.

I was only trying to point out that there appears to be no limits to which this government will go to secure benefits for itself and it associates, but have have hung this innocent person out to dry.

I can assure you that you are free to make any reasoned responses to any of my comments without fear of any consequences from the mediators on this site.

Again apologies if I have offended you.

Andy

Andy, no problem i was probably being a bit over sensitive, thanks for your response.

1 Like

I keep trying to make my disgust at her treatment current by joining in with Amnesty International`s protests & e mails. Not doing much good though & never will until this debt is repaid.

1 Like

What the UK admits to owing Iran is a mere drop in the ocean compared to the money they’ve wasted on the failed Track and Trace - i.e. 1.08% (not to mention all the other money they’ve ‘spaffed’ up the wall).

2 Likes