Need a vacation from running your Gite/Chambre d'hôte/B&B?

Bonjour - My husband, Sam Gish and I just joined Survive France...this looks great! We are Francophiles, have been to most regions of France about 45+ times but live in Philadelphia. We just lost our 19 year old cat baby...and are heartbroken. The good news is that we now will be able to spend a month or more at a time on our visits to France.

We are Airbnb Superhosts - have been for 6 years and love it! Here's a link to our site with pictures and reviews:

http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7193

We also just came back from house-sitting in Aix-en-Provence in April.

And are set for a home exchange in Bordeaux and will be in France for the month of August.

Sam and I spent many years in the restaurant business - he was a fine dining Maitre'd, manager and wine steward/sommelier and I was also a wine steward and bar manager. One of his jobs as restaurant manager was in a Trusthouse Forte hotel, where he was on call once every few weeks.

So between managing restaurants, hotels - and now Airbnb - we know the responsibility and the hard work it takes to run a Gite...and we know you also need a break!

We'd love to run your place for you while you are gone - perhaps a few weeks or even longer. And, if you wanted to come to Philly and stay here while we are there - we have an 1853 year old house in the city! Philadelphia is 1 1/2 hrs. south of New York and 2 hrs. north of Washington, DC. Very conveniently located for seeing the East coast!

We are animal lovers, farmers market lovers and part of a CSA for over 20 years (community supported agriculture), love good food and wine! I shop the markets and Sam does the cooking. He's an incredible home cook...

Merci encore! Susan & Sam

Well I hope that all goes well with you in Bordeaux,

We have closdessaveurs.fr not too far from Bordeaux and we are in

tune with fine dining.....and love....just love cats.

Sorry to hear about your sad loss....

Hi Susan. We are about 45 minutes from Pessac and you are most welcome to pop by on your way to St Jean de Luz (we spent 5 days there last summer and loved it).

There is a lovely kayak run from Pessac to Ste Foye le Grande. If you get some time and want some exercise, peace, quiet, beauty and the opportunity to take some memorable photos would highly recommend it.

We will give you a shout if we get stuck, but think we'll be able to manage with some help from friends.

Very many thanks and enjoy

Fen

Fen -I love golden retrievers! They're so happy! Sorry about your shoulders...We will be in Pessac,Bordeaux and then traveling down to St. Jean-de-Luz the 3rd week of August and onto Toulouse and finally to visit friends near Aix-en-Provence...Is that near you at all? Susan & Sam

Merci, Joe and Angela! -You are right, we do have a beautiful life! We try to enJOY every minute, it goes by much too quickly! We still have to work, we have our own business, but luckily we can do a lot of it remotely...Susan & Sam

Hi Susan & Sam

We also have a 3 bedroom gite plus 2 daft Golden Retrievers and we live on site.

I have been struck with 2 frozen shoulders for the last 8 months but they have finally started a recovery.

We are just over an hour from Bordeaux and will remember your very kind offer should change overs prove too difficult.

Sorry to read about your cat, but hope you have a wonderful time here in France.

Fen

hi Susan & Sam

will remember your offer if we ever need it we have a three bed chambres de hotes in the limousin with a large garden that needs work almost every day so if we ever get to the point of needing a break will get in touch

sounds like you have a beautiful life together

joe and Angela

Maison Brigoulet

Sornac