Need a virtual hug please

Lovely video. Too sad for you, its not an easy thing to do.

Hi Catherine,

Even with over 200 cats passing through our Rescue Centre each year, I always end up blubbering away when something like this happens. You take on an animal and we know, your are members of the family. It is heart breaking but the best decision for Nils. To see him suffer more than necesssary would be worse than ever.

I know what you have done to save Lafayette, treasure those you have and know that you have given Nils the best life he could have asked for.

Bon courage

I know that this poem has been placed here before and it is one, our own vet gave to me at a sad time.

If it should be....

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
and pain should keep me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done,
for we know this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
but don't let grief then stay your hand,
for this day, more than the rest,
your love and friendship must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
what is to come can hold no fears.
Would you want me to suffer? So,
when the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend,
only stay with me until the end,
and hold me firm and speak to me,
until my eyes no longer see.

It is a kindness that you do to me,
although my tail its last has waved,
from pain and suffering I have been saved.

Do not grieve; it should be you,
who must decide this thing to do.
We've been so close, we two these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Nothing one can say. I have always had dogs in the plural. We have dogs who are legend in this family for their stories. One went here and nearly broke one daughter's heart. We go to the grave two years on and indeed she does and talks to her. This year I got a new same colour, same kind of shape and now same name dog for her birthday. It is never the same. Like anybody and everybody else we let them pass into family folklore and keep them alive that way. I hate each time a dog (indeed cats too) go... So sympathy by the truck load anyway.

So sorry - has brought back sad memories for me. It is crap and you've got to console yourself with what a great life you've given him and how much joy he has brought to you and your family. It won't make it any easier though. Sympathies and big virtual hug!

Catharine and the guys,

Remember the happy times, he wont be around physically, but he will still be there in your memories forever.
Bon Courage
Fran X

Hi Catharine,

Virtuals hugs and real ones when I see you next.

Those of us who truly love and respect our animals know that this is the ultimate in taking care of them. We take responsibility for their lives and they repay us with their love and loyalty. To make this final decision for their sakes is our responsibilty, we want what's best for them, and we dont try to keep them going for selfish reasons.

So, as horrible and tough as this is to do, it is for his sake and shows that you have his best interests at heart.

Bon Courage and lots of love

Sandy - Mrs D- Mothership XXXXX

So sorry to hear this lovely, you gave him a wonderful life and best friend in Mischa. Virtual hugs on way.... until Thurs.

Thinking of you all, such a difficult time xxxxx

Been though it twice in the past two years, so I know what you mean, you know when the time is right, I just wish someone could give me the same when its my time!

Remember the goods times, he looks like he had a fab life! xx

Its one of the crapy-est things we ever have to do, but really one of the kindest as well, hurts like hell, it is the kind way though. hugs to you all. xx

Oh Katherine, I am so so sorry you are going through this difficult time..... Please remember it is because you love Nils and doing what is best for him. I will be in your position soon with Ms. Ellie. The vet promised me she would tell me when it's time as I have watched her go thru ups and downs. It is so hard watching them suffer but it is even harder placing this decision on ourselves...I will pray for you both. Nils is a very blessed put to have a loving compassionate mom.

God Bless and big hugs,

Shauna

sending big hugs and positive thoughts to you Catharine.

Lots of love

Gill xxxxx

I am so sorry for you. Try to think of all the beautiful momentds you had together. We, dog lovers, know this feeling so well. It hurts, but your dog will always stay alive in your hart and will be there for ever with you. This is what I do, it gives me always a very warm feeling in my hart when I think of them. xx