Need a virtual hug please

Nils is going to the vet tomorrow. It will be a one way trip. I know it is the right thing to do as he has suddenly deteriorated. But I still feel rubbish.

Any kind comments more than welcome.

Thanks. x

Nils is the ginger and white spaniel in this video.

I am so sorry but you are doing the right thing I am sure - I am in Catskills outside of New York and I have a cat of 22 sitting on me - he is still going strong and hopefully will last for another few years - his owner however will know when the time has come and I hope I am around to give her a real hug - a big hug from the sunny Catskills to you however!

Sorry Guys.

Dear Catharine, this comment, is somewhat late, and will not help. But I too, am most sorry for you all in this respect.

Ron

Big ((((((xxxxxx)))))) to you Catharine. Know exactly how you feel, it's only 6 weeks since we said goodbye to our beloved Tyson. Hope you like the following......

I'm Still Here Friend

Please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when autumn comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

Our Thaé is going on 10. I can relate. We enjoy every minute with him. Here's a hug. ((( )))

oh you poor things. We cried for a week when our last border collie went. Ghastly xx

Big hugs Catharine, it must have been a very hard day but you did the kindest thing x

((((((((((((Catharine))))))))))

Doing the right thing is often harder than doing the wrong thing,or not doing anything.You'll miss him,but you've done your best,and he'll have had a good life filled with love and fun.Everytime this happens I say never again,but then another woof comes along,and I fall in love again.They really are our best friends,aren't they.Of course I'm sending you big hugs and all my sympathy

Been there Catherine. A very difficult time but try to remember the good times. The video looks great.

Give him a marked grave and go there every day with family until the visits are less regular. Then keep it clean and tidy anyway. You will remember in a different way to photographic images, with sentiments that are real because that little dog will be kept going in another way. When I went back to where I lived outside Cambridge a while back I got some gardening tools and went to the place where several ferrets, cats and dogs are buried and cleaned it all up. I spoke to them as I did when they were alive and there is a cat who was probably the animal who got closest inside my heart of all and then was then hit by a car in front of me. She died in my arms and she, of all, I miss most of all and could almost weep writing this. Life goes on but memories stay long, keep them and with the grave tend them. In the long run I suspect we all gain a little humanity from doing so as well.

I can't thank you all enough for your kind thoughts, words, messages and emails. It has made today so much easier and was really, truly appreciated. When I am feeling up to it, I will write him a little eulogy like Johnny did here.

Thank you all again xx

Oh Cath, James, Daisie, Tilly and Max, how sad.

I'll be with you virually, hug you virtually, hold your hand virtually and will try to 'be there' for you virtually.

Thinking of you all with lots of love and compassion.

Bon Voyage to the Happy Hunting Grounds, Nils.

Hi Catherine, our thoughts are with you on this difficult day.

Sending hugs. I find it does help that other people care about our sadness.

Oh good lord that made me well up.

Catharine and James, my heart goes out to you. It's such a tough decision to make. Sometimes the most emotional part is the awful anticipation. I'm sending you the biggest hug and all I can suggest is to sob out loud if you want, then sit with the family and go through photos/videos and remember the silly times until you can all smile as well as shed a few more tears.

x

Such a sad decision to make, but on the bright side think of all the wonderful times you have had, and all the wonderful times ahead of him in Doggy Heaven!!!! big hugs for you (...............) xxx

Hi Catharine James and "Kids". Thinking about you today.

HI Catharine Just got this. So very sorry. But what a wonderful memory of Nils this amazing video is - you can play it and remember all the laughing and fun that you shared with this fabulous dog. I can hear it now as I type this and listen to the video playing out of sight.

I remember how Survive France held me together when I lost Hamish and then Buddy and before them so much more. Keep playing the video till you are sure that you know Nils will now be able to run around and have no pain and no one can ever take the years of pleasure shared, away from you and the rest of the family.

You have a new dog now, and she will need lots of attention with Mishca, especially to stop them both having bandages round their middles. All our love to you and God Bless Nils. Gina xxxx