Netbook Pineapple

Have any members received a prize from Le Figaro - a Pineapple 7" Netbook - for taking out an abonnement?

It looks neat and is a handy size. I understand it’s not one of the tops but it could be useful when on holiday.

Never used a laptop before so I’m trying to figure out how to make it go.

Excitedly I switched on and played some minutes before a World Cup match took priority. So, in front of my admiring wife, I closed it nonchalantly, just like the TV laptop pros do, and thought, ‘That’s that, I’ll have

another go later.’ Later came but I faced a black screen - the battery was dead. I didn’t know I needed to manually switch off before closing.

That reveals my zero level of PC nous. (Nick,if you want me to resign from the CC, I will).

In mitigation though, I did find out how to recharge via a supplied adaptor.It opened beautifully today.
So, perhaps like others who have this little gem (?), I need help.

The manual is minimal on its basic functions and does not explain the keyboard clicks which differ from my usual setup.

By trial and error I’ve fathomed a few but I need a simple ABC guide for that and advice from our PC wizards before I press the wrong button and cause an explosion.

I would like to use it for emails, word processing, some images, browsing the WWW, ereader, but not bothered about music, videos or games.

Basic info; Model MPC7E1-001 - Screen 7" 800x480 - Linux OS - Internet access LAN RJ45 - Wi-Fi - SDRAM 128Mo - Memory 2Go - 2 USB ports - touch pad & mouse etc. Do you need more?

Is there a website which provides all answers?

Your wise counsel is awaited with thanks in advance.
Stanley

Stanley I could not get that link to load, do you have another one?

Hope you enjoyed the game :wink:

Nick

Nick Here’s the link http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=310220741641

Am setting up basic parameters and trying internet connection.

Can’t miss Brazil v Portugal so will have to cut off now. Back later.

Stanley

Stanley, that is a new machine on me, but it is probably based on a copy of the original Asus 7" model.

Don’t worry about causing an explosion :wink: these machines are built to withstand a lot of abuse, so I would recommend having a play, just don’t delete anything just yet.

Can you post a link to the advert for it so maybe a picture will give us a clue.can you connect to the Internet fine? If so I would just use it to surf the web to start, and we can find out more about it as we go along.

It should be fine for what you want.

Nick