New criteria for classification

Barbara the taxe de sejour has risen dramatically here too.
It seems that the French really don’t want people to stay in small enterprises in rural area.

Doesn’t the client have to pay the Taxe dSejour??? surely it’s not a cost @barbara_deane1 should be paying…
or am I misunderstanding…

Yes, the client does have to pay the tds, but putting it up so drastically adds to the cost of coming to France, especially if you are driving and staying somewhere rural means that you really need one.
It must be acting as a disincentive.

Yes the client pays it. However most people look at the price of their holiday accommodation as a whole, so the increase in TdS has meant we couldn’t increase our prices this year as from clients’ perspective prices are higher than last year. Thus it effectively means a loss for us, as otherwise we would have increased a few %.

Ah… see what you mean… and agree it’s rotten for the small enterprise who are more or less pressured into absorbing the increase

where’s it going to stop, though…
If you state that "this year we have not raised… blah blah… but next year prices will have to be adjusted because of… (you know the correct sort of wording…)

might that be an option to think about…

I work with an agency in London

Everything I offer has to be. Included.My tax de Sejour is 3,30 percent o of turnover per person apparently 10 times more than

It was before,

Or possibly more than that.

We both have UK state pensions and some savings from the sale of our recent tra

nsaction, Couple of hundred euros in shares. Our accountant deals mainly with vineyards.

If you aren’t classified it will be 3.3%. up to a maximum amount. Which is usually the maximum TdS charged in your zone - often €2.30. And the absolute maximum it can be is €4.20 per person per night as that is the national maximum for 5*+ palaces.

Sounds as if you can be non-professional then.

You may well be the sort of unit that would do best just to keep your turnover under €5,000, and only rent for a few weeks making sure you have a week gap between clients. That way you wouldn’t have to pay cotisations foncières d’entreprise and might be able to do the cleaning slowly yourself in the week between rentals. Ditch the accountant too and do your tax returns yourself. So yes less income, but maybe less stress too, .

Might be worth doing the calculation of what actually of a €23,000 turnover ends up in your pocket? Maybe only €7,000 if your charges are high.

awas 70 cents per person per night in Gensac
so much more exspensive
Going to check it out
so around 100 eursos per week???

_Deane, post:27, topic:37666"]
a
[/quote]

oh no 5000 and that is crazy because our cats get fed like royalty
I can not do the cleaning myself as i am not well enough to do so.
simple as that 23000 is probably all i can take as i only have 3 bedrooms.
a cleaner is 20 euros per hr.Try and find cleaners in my region almost impossible.
Must be perfect for each rental and we are at the high end rental bracket should
probably cut out May and June as not really worth it to me income wise.

[/quote]