New gite - how to register and pay tax


We are renting out our property until it sells but are still paying a mortgage on it, so there will be no profit whatsoever...where do I register and what is the simplest/cheapest way of doing this, as it will only be for 6-12 months?

Can you do this as an Auto Entrepreneur?