New HD satellite dish

Hi, I’ve finally realised I’m going to need a new HD compatible satellite dish to replace the inherited one… can anyone suggest a rough price for a dish? The exisiting one is not that big but always worked well. We have no internet, so just looking for a basic, record-one-channel receiver. Thanks.

Why change the dish if it receives SD without problem HD should be OK?

Edit: On re-reading do you mean a replacemeent HD receiver as well? If so, the Manhattan gets good reviews.

I think I mean the LNB bit of the dish set up…will my old one still receive HD signals?

@b33jay. I think it was you who advised me a way to get Channel 4 HD on my new Manhattan and I said I would have a go later, but for the life of me I can’t find which thread it was.

Any chance you could point me in the right direction please, or give me the info here again?

Thanks. :grinning:

This perhaps?

1 Like

There’s no such thing as a HD dish - you may need a bigger one or more likely it needs realigning. But could also be other problems.

Unless your about to run up and down ladders… Call an engineer and let them sort. Guessing which bit of 3 is in need of fixing is impossible.

Sat boxes - there’s 1 channel (no record) - 2 channels (recording) or shed loads of channels. Ideally but your box first - then you know if you want dual LNB dual cable etc. Older boxes are plentiful on eBay.

Thanks Gareth, and by extension @b33jay, I’ve managed to do it now but have left it on the London postcode because I never knowingly watch local programmes on my old postcode. If it becomes a problem I’ve made a note of this thread or the So Impressive one in order to make the change.

For the moment though, having got Channel 4 HD back and also cancelled BBC 3 and Alba, have managed to get BBC Scotland back almost on the new, less impressive, programme list, I feel I’ve done enough for one night. :wink:

Thanks again both. :smiley:

3 Likes

Good work that man! :+1:

The good thing about YT advice videos is you can freeze them every 2 minutes to let the instructions sink in. :joy:

2 Likes