New House Adventure

Removed

2 Likes

I donā€™t think there will be many weddings or expensive weekends this year!

1 Like

With your attitudeā€¦ I reckon you will be just fine.

France and the real ā€œFrench way of lifeā€ is something you have to experienceā€¦ and as basically/simply as possible (in my opinion)ā€¦ relax and go with the flowā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Removed

In my commune, I know of 2 weddings which are being put-off until next yearā€¦ and one christeningā€¦

so that ā€œall and everyoneā€ can attend is the reason given in each case. :hugs:

1 Like

Removed

2 Likes

Wowā€¦ sounds a good plan.

Fattening up one pig at a time ā€¦ is an excellent idea. This used to happen in our villageā€¦ and probably still happens on the local farms.

A group helped with the feeding and shared the cost of the visiting professional for the ā€œtimely endā€.
That same group benefited from the meatā€¦ everything possible shared out and with hardly a scrap wastedā€¦ astounding to see those ladies in action, at the carcass and at the stoveā€¦

2 Likes

Bring your own jigsaws! My sister does jigsaws that she usually buys from charity shops for a few quid (or used to, she says price has rocketed since lockdown!). She then sends them on to me and I have French friends who leap on them with squeals of joy. The National Gallery ones are particularly sought after! In general ones here are expensive and juvenileā€¦and the charity shops donā€™t often have any at all.

1 Like

Removed

Removed

Yepā€¦ I understand what you mean. Dear friends think nothing of culling their lambs when the time comes. Even if theyā€™ve had to be bottle fedā€¦ and thus form an extra bond.

The meat is delicious and we all enjoy it.

However, with the chickensā€¦ the daughter cannot bring herself to eat themā€¦ and Mum has to hide the provenanceā€¦ :wink:

In a different commune, another friendā€¦ has named all her chicks and cheerfully tells me which one is next for the potā€¦

1 Like

Our poor @james being turned into a frozen mealā€¦ horrifying!

3 Likes

This has come up before - ISTR that they had Ā£25k left after the purchase so it was touch and go initially.

Yes, they had access to resources that most people donā€™t such as the TV contacts but they both seem pretty hands on pitch-in-and-do-it types and it is clear from the early shows that they did much of the work themselves.

I honestly do not begrudge them their success as the project could easily have been a failure.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think youā€™d boil up nicely to yield Higgieā€™s Vintage and Mature ā€œOld Crock Elbow Brandā€ Thick-Cut Marmalade, @james :hugs:

1 Like

Removed

Removed

2 Likes

Yes, Dick makes it all look as if heā€™s doing it on a shoestring. Heā€™s a great showman.

I much preferred his first series when he took on going off grid in Cornwall, or was it Devon?

1 Like

Seems theyā€™ve done their last series of ā€œEscapeā€ā€¦