New Pool recommendations

Interesting idea, as recommended get regular water samples tested, water changes throughout the year. What sort of flow rate are you expecting? The sand filter bed will become a biological filter quite quickly without sanitising.
Municipal water treatment plants sanitise and change the sand frequently. Using Dryden Aqua’s self sanitising activated glass would prevent the filter becoming a biological, biofilm health risk. AFM filters finer than sand and can remove bacteria and oocytes.
Another point is heating of the water, the well water will be really really cold.
Last question, what have you got against chlorine, especially at 0.5 parts per million dilution?

1 Like

A have Not got that far the cold do not scare me I’m Scandinavian my favorite pas time back home is swimming in the winter

I got the idea when I was viewing a property that had home made concrete pool that was feed from a underground spring

My grandparents in Scotland built a dam and excavated the bed of a burn (big fast-flowing stream) and made a swimming pool that way, it had natural clay (local earth) sides and a sandy bottom, it was lovely, lots of weeds frogs etc and bitterly cold but if you’ve lived above 54° N that’s a minor problem.

1 Like