New Pool recommendations

Interestingly, after many years the NHS doesn’t pay out for saline solution as research showed it made no difference to ordinary water. Bearing in mind that a while back the water may not have as good.

John, depends what you are using the saline solution, including the concentration, to treat and what sort of injury is being treated. Q.V. McKindoe and the burns unit at East Grinstead.

Yes no doubt, I should have clarified, just the basic cleaning. As I said earlier I was in a burns unit and had very strong salt baths.

Is there any way to have a pool with out any chlorine ore salt at all? I was thinking of having a pool like a stream water flowing true it all the time

It’s called a river! Where would you get the" stream" from?

Build one

Yeah right!! The local water company will love you :euro::euro::euro::euro:

I have my one water

That’s ok then - is it a lake/etang source fed, or just passing through as in a river?

What I was getting at if you have flowing water I don’t think you should need to have any chemicals if you have a big sand bed before it goes in to the pool

Interesting idea.

Will the water then be flowing out of the pool and if so… where will it be going ??

No you probably don’t, but your potential problem will be your water source. If you have a river/stream running through your property, you will own the river bed, but not the water. It’s highly unlikely you would be allowed to divert the water course without spending serious money on environmental impact and ecological studies.

From a well the water cold be pumped around tru the bed of sand

but where would it go… or would it just stay in the pool, evaporating gradually… ???

It whold be pumped around so after it has been cleaned in the sand it wold go back in

Sounds like you’ve got most of it sorted then - good luck!. Don’t forget that at some stage you will probably need to clean/backwash your sand, and that just because you’re using sand, the water wont be microbe free - chlorinated pools also use sand filters.

Don’t forget you will probably need permission for a pool…

also, it might be advisable to get the Well Water tested regularly… at the local laboratory… just to make sure it is not a health risk or whatever…

Yes they do but in allot smaller scale

yes I now already checked that the mayor had nothing to remark on that I don’t have any neighbors so it was no problem he said to get permission

glad you’ll have no problem… just don’t forget to actually fill in the form and get the permission granted… :wink: :wink: :relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:

depending on the size, it might increase your taxes…