New study reveals what your favourite biscuit says about you!

@Mark. Really? I thought there was a law against that?

That’s what comes of dunking for too long, Bob. You have to spoon out the submerged and strangely soggy bits. It happens all the time :watch::spoon::frowning_with_open_mouth:

Only if you’re caught. You can normally get away with it cos you can get a whole one in your mouth in one go :sunglasses:

2 Likes

There are hidden depths - unimagined treasures of insight and esoteric wisdom - to this world of biscuitry. Who would ever have guessed?! :dizzy:

Not just shortbread - M&S Shortbread.

1 Like

No it has to be petticoat tails, in the round tin, that you break into six biscuits and then eat the lot!

2 Likes

I shall throw a spanner into the works here, as is my wont. :wrench:

I have just consumed, with a cup of PG tips (no sugar, thank you), two of the most biscuity twice-baked crunchinesses available on earth, the veritable Speculoos.

https://goo.gl/images/wtGnTr

2 Likes

Speculoos with TEA - you heathen!

(now with a good coffee is a different matter entirely)

2 Likes

[shame​:cold_sweat::grimacing::weary::astonished::confused:ignominy]

1 Like

I am quite partial to fig rolls and lemon puffs

1 Like

There’s something very “homemade” about lemon puffs

1 Like

Totally forgotten about lemon puffs…I wonder if I could make them?

They make lemon puffs in Pakistan, along with a whole lot of other 1950s vintage-style British things to eat.

1 Like

Feast your eyes (nb these are lemon sandwich biscuits, not lemon puffs)

http://www.ebm.com.pk/brand/lemon-sandwich/

1 Like

Not the same…more like a lemon custard cream. It was the momentary pleasure as you bite through the “puff” surface that I recall with some joy. Maybe if I tried with very thin puff pastry…either that or a holiday in Pakistan. Mind you, every time I try somethimg I liked as a child I find it disgsuting! Usually too sweet and tasting of toilet cleaner.

1 Like

Have to confess that I’d forgotten about lemon puffs too…I do love lemon meringue though and imagine that it could be even better with dark chocolate tufty bits…I don’t know if this would translate into a biscuit…??? x :slight_smile:

Why don’t you let me test them for authenticity :yum: :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh my giddy aunt…Peek Freans !
My childhood, right there…

1 Like