New Tax for French homeowners

Hi Everyone

I’m really struggling with getting past first base with this.I have a numero fiscal and have used Impots to pay tax habitation.I am inputting my number but its asking for some sort of identity.

I am a none French tax payer and have a second home not rented out.

Any support would be most helpful.

Thank you in advance

Sue

First off, it’s not a new tax just a confirmation of ownership details so that you are charged the correct taxe foncière and habitation.

Secondly the deadline has been extended to the end of July so you have time.

Do you have a personal space on the impôts site? As that’s the basic way in. If you don’t then have to set that up first.

Hi Jane

I pay online through impots by using the numero fiscal but it’s asking for ID and I’m not sure how to do it!

Thank you

Sue

1 Like

Are you resident in France?

If it won’t let you attach a copy of your passport then you are perhaps in the wrong place.

If you don’t pay income tax then you won’t have the RFR reference number needed. So you have to do it the long way. Start by filling in this form, and I think you need to attach a scan of an ID document like your passport.

@Chateau
Take a look at this thread and you’ll learn a lot … as already said… it’s not a new tax…

Hi Billy

Non resident non tax payer in France second home owner not rented out .

Thank you

Sue

Well almost non-tax payer as you are still liable for TdH and TF

You don’t have enough info to set up an espace particulier using just the TdH and TF bill, though you can pay the taxes on the impôts site .

As @JaneJones says go to https://www.impots.gouv.fr/formulaire-de-creation-dacces-lespace-particulier-non-residents and fill in the form (don’t enter a mobile unless it is French) then click “Continuer” - a “mailto:” link to dinr.servicesenligne@dgfip.finances.gouv.fr will appear, click it, check the generated email, attach a scan of a suitable ID document (eg passport) and send it.

And wait

They’ve had mine 4 business days now, @Corona said his took 4 or 5 days. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are getting a lot of applications at the moment.

Absolutely, we just received a paper letter sent to UK address advising of the declaration.

1 Like

Main TF1 news tonights showed inundated tax offices with people having problems withtheir property declarations hence the deadline being put back a month but even the economist expert François Langolet(sp) warned these declarations are not easy for ordinary people to fill in.

1 Like

Thank goodness I am not ordinary :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I was one those at the local tax office last Tuesday as I am resident but don’t have a tax number. There’s just two offices. I arrived at 8.50 opening time was 9am but two people were already being interviewed. A very helpful energetic lady asked about my problem and asked me to wait a few minutes. An hour later there was no change the same two people were in the two offices. There was a queue of about 6 people behind me, many had come and gone away again. Anyway the same lady asked me in after an hour looking very harassed. She tried 5 or 6 different contact numbers with no success at which point she gave up and asked everyone to come back today so that’s where I"m going to spend this morning!

1 Like

What could possibly go wrong when a government introduces a new declaration system for immovable property whilst reducing the number of permanent staff working in the department designed to check the declarations of the new system…

2 Likes

A litte question? If you are a resident in France how come you don’t have a tax number?

First year, did return on paper and waiting for number perhaps?

1 Like

Hi Jane and everyone

Followed your advice managed to do form and upload ID will wait now for number from impot .

Thank you so much it’s a minefield out there😅

Sue

3 Likes

We did live in the Dordogne for a couple of years but left France four and a half years ago and to my surprise returned April last year. So this year I sent in a paper tax return with no tax number as I simply couldn’t find it. At the time I didn’t realise I needed the tax number for the property declaration. I also thought it would be easier to prove my id etc if I went to the local treasury office but having seen the queue this morning I’ll try online again this weekend. I understand that your tax number is valid for life and I have at last found my old one so it’s worth trying again.

1 Like