New Vaccine Pass

Extract from France24:
To obtain the new vaccine pass, a complete schedule (two doses or one, depending on the vaccine) will be required. Starting February 15, a booster dose will be required four months – and not the existing seven months – after the previous dose for the pass to remain valid.

Interesting!
So, having had a booster on 29th November does this mean that another booster becomes due on 29th March 2022 ie 4 months since the last booster?
All rather confusing.

That is my understanding, you can double check here:
https://monrappelvaccincovid.ameli.fr/

Not my understanding. I didn’t think they had decided on 4th doses yet apart from the wonky people.

Most of a certain age will have had the third dose by now. Which is the complete schedule as referred to in the post.

Younger people will have not, so this is telling them that after 15th Feb they need to to maintain their status by having their third dose as soon as it comes due after their second dose…

1 Like

"Pour obtenir le nouveau passe vaccinal, il faudra un schéma complet (deux doses ou une seule, en fonction du vaccin). À partir du 15 février, il faudra effectuer une dose de rappel quatre mois - et non plus sept - après sa deuxième dose pour que le passe reste valable. "

“To obtain the new vaccination pass, you will need a complete schedule (two doses or just one, depending on the vaccine). From February 15, you will have to take a booster dose four months – and no longer seven – after your second dose for the pass to remain valid.”

I seem to recall latest figures said 77.5% had received the total package (equivalent of all 3 jabs) though I’m blowed if I can find that press release now.

Nigel

If you check that link it makes fairly clear that the initial cycle of vaccine is 1 or 2 does depending on brand.

So asks for “Date de la dernière injection clôturant votre cycle vaccinal initial “ which is your second dose, not the third. If you have already had your booster this simulator is not for you.

1 Like

« Qu’est-ce qu’un schéma vaccinal complet ? » , nous demande Roselyne, de Nantes (Loire-Atlantique). En effet, un « schéma vaccinal complet » était l’une des preuves donnant accès au passe sanitaire. Il s’agira du critère phare lors de la transformation du passe sanitaire en passe vaccinal.

Mais que signifie exactement cette formule de « schéma vaccinal complet » ?

Dans Le Journal du Dimanche le 2 janvier 2022, le ministre de la Santé Olivier Véran expliquait qu’un « schéma vaccinal complet » « correspond jusqu’au 15 janvier à 2 doses, sauf pour les plus de 65 ans, qui depuis le 15 décembre doivent avoir fait leur rappel au maximum 7 mois après leur deuxième dose » . Le ministre ajoute que « cette même règle des 7 mois pour la troisième dose s’appliquera à partir du 15 janvier à toutes les personnes de plus de 18 ans » .

Lire aussi : Passe sanitaire et rappel de vaccin. Ce qui change Ă  partir du 15 janvier

Pour résumer, si vous avez reçu deux doses et que vous n’êtes pas encore éligible à la troisième dose, vous disposez d’un schéma complet. En revanche, si vous êtes éligibles au rappel vaccinal et que vous ne le faites pas dans les temps, vous perdez votre « schéma vaccinal complet » .

At the moment:
There is only one booster/rappel scheme on the go.
In most/many cases this is being called the 3rd dose.

There is no arrangement for a 4th dose.

(A doctor might prescribe extra vaccinations to a patient who has special needs… )

I think this is the short version of where things are…

Doubtless others will chime in if I’ve misunderstood something.

I think that is it in a nutshell…

(If one was being ultra precise I think the third dose is the full 3rd vaccine given to the wonky people, and the booster is actually a half dose)

good grief… let’s not offer a possibility of misunderstandings… it’s complicated enough :rofl: