New Year - New Job

Whilst I was surfing the SFN site late last year I came across a piece offering the position of Independent Property Consultant with a company called Beaux Villages Immobilier. It piqued my interest as they did not require experience just enthusiasm, which described me to a tee. I told my wife and she said ‘Oh, I could do that’

We met up with Lynn and Rob Longley, the owners of BVI, for a chat in Perpignan and they explained the company ethos. It did not sound like a conventional estate agency, it seemed fair; sharing commissions and working as a team. They talked about their ‘family’ of co-workers.

We are both now registered as Independent Property Consultants, along with seven others in the Languedoc-Roussillon region, and trying to keep up with the pace. BVI are still looking for others to join the team throughout the area – from my point of view we could certainly use someone in the Razes and Bram areas – so if you have ever thought of yourself as a budding Kirstie or Phil why not join us at BVI by visiting beauxvillages.com and clicking ‘Join Us’

Nick and Chrissy Clark.

Just wanted to say good luck with the new job! I worked as an Agent Commercial attached to a French agent for 5 years and absolutely loved it. Commission only work can be tough to begin with but once you start to get sales going through you'll be fine. Best advice I can offer is listen to what the buyer wants and only show them properties that match their search criteria although I have sold properties that didn't - people do sometimes change their minds. I also did well because I was available 7 days a week and worked most weekends which is when people have flown over and want to view properties. All the best !