Ninja cooker

@Jane_Williamson I was wondering how you are getting on with your NF?
My DinL is raving about NF’s especially with the probe, is this really worth the extra money?

Could this be a coded message?

2 Likes

I don’t have the probe. It really is if you are going to roast large joints of meat.

Sorry, no.

1 Like

I want a black clad Japanese killer to do all my cooking, when he isn’t creeping up walls in socks etc.

6 Likes

I have a target for him.

1 Like

Thank you Jane, For me the 7 in 1 has all that I need.

1 Like

I’ve taken the plunge and ordered a Ninja 7.6 litre dual-compartment air fryer.

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B08GC1QZ5W?smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1

What pushed me in its direction was synchronised cooking, where two different foods with different cooking times and temperatures, can finish cooking at the same time. Salmon and brussel sprouts for example. Am cutting down on carbohydrates – so chips will be a treat now and again.

And healthier cooking, which applies to these types of cookers.

Plus, so many good reviews on Amazon.

Friteuse-sans-huile-Ninja-Foodi-AF300EU-AirFryer-2400-W-Noir-et-Gris

ps - thanks for raising this topic - wouldn’t have known otherwise.

2 Likes

Thats exactly what we have, brilliant machine. You can get greaseproof paper liners for the trays too, saves cleaning

Thanks. It’s arriving on Saturday, so shall get salmon and brussel sprouts in for my first try. Thanks for the tip on greaseproof paper liners. Cleaning after cooking isn’t something I look forward to, anytime!

If anyone’s in the UK Lakeland have an offer on it currently. £179.99, or £199.99 for the MAX size, 3 year guarantee, for that amount they will deliver it free in UK.

Ninja® Foodi® MAX Dual Zone Air Fryer AF400UK | Lakeland (MAX size)

Must be quite good as they’ve limited it to 2 per household.

I’ve always been cavalier about money. If instead I was more a fiscal conservative, I’d probably be living in my dream house by now, but there you go!

Possibly cheaper than that even, delivered to France. When I made a trial order, several times, the cost came out substantially lower than your post indicates.

1 Like

Low carb good.
Low fat bad, so long as its not seed oils made in an industrial way ( partially hydrogenated)

1 Like

Lakeland told me they take the VAT off when they send to France.

Unfortunately as this is all they do, though it’s certainly helpful, they aren’t set up to land the shipment from the UK in France or another friendly country and have someone contracted to themselves or working for themselves, in France or another Eurooean country who will process it as an import, charge the VAT rate where it lands first, and then forward it to your France address with VAT already paid in France or the other European country it first landed in.

The above is what Amazon UK does. At least, always for stuff sold and shipped by Amazon UK.
And as I’ve found so far, also for stuff sold on Amazon by another seller but shipped by Amazon. The result being if shipped by Amazon UK you’ll receive it in France VAT prepaid so the courier or post office will not charge you any extra handling fees either. As VAT rates in France/Belgium are similar the net effect is I’m paying same price as in UK for the items. All I pay extra is just a slightly higher shipping cost if Amazon UK is shipping me their own stuff. And so far, if they’re shipping me something sold by another seller.

Lakeland use DHL so although Lakeland will take off UK VAT so the price looks lower, DHL will add the French VAT plus their own handling charge of, say 12-16 euros maybe, which you will have to pay to DHL to ransom your Lakeland package.

Never mind that, I want the real thing - where do you buy these Ninjas to cook?

You’ve got me there….

I had a work of art shipped to me by a gallery in the UK as a birthday present for the OH. They deducted the VAT as you said and had it shipped by DHL to me in France. I got a text message asking me to pay the French TVA online which I did. The parcel was delivered to me 2 days later and there was no charge to me other than the French TVA. I’ve heard stories of shippers adding extra charges, and was expecting it, but it wasn’t the case for me.

And what do they taste like, do you fry boil or roast them?

Don’t know yet. Come Saturday I shall know…for better or worse…

Why would they be called Ninja cookers? Ninja: a person trained in ancient Japanese arts of combat and self-defense and employed especially for espionage and assassinations.