No EU vote for expats over 15 years

Yes Tony, I agree.

So in that spirit of positiveness here is a contribution. In 2014 British Farmers received £2.9 billion in subsidies through the EU Common Agricultural Policy (CAP). However, in that same year the UK's CAP contribution was £4.6 billion. Therefore if we LEAVE the EU, it would be possible to increase the subsidies paid to Farmers by 37% without it costing the UK taxpayer one penny extra.

Presumably Farmers would consider that to be positive thinking.

I have taken time to read some and here and there to scan the references you give. Below I give my comments on certain points.

Concerning the Police.

The Police Document refers to a co-ordination on terrorism. That is a good thing. The EU is not going to tell the Metropolitan Police or any other force how to run their departments.

Monetary Union.

This has been excluded by David Cameron’s intervention. Any move in that direction would need a referendum in the UK.

Concerning the NHS and Health and TTIP

They can be no disagreement that the NHS has difficulties. For many years there has been a gradual eroding of the principle established under Attlee’s post war Government (with Aneurin Bevan) of free medical care from cradle to grave. It looks as though that principle will be further eroded as time goes on whether in or out of the EU.

The link below gives views on both sides of the IN/OUT arguments.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/apr/06/brexit-is-necessary-to-protect-nhs-from-ttip-says-david-owen.

My view is that deep changes will come about whatever happens. I would agree that eventually some harmonisation of systems will prevail across Europe, but not forced upon a ‘poor little old Britain’ – but that Britain will and should lead the reform. The French health service appears from personal experience to be very good but is for the patient much more expensive than the British.

The TTIPP proposals are very much under debate. One must note that the Green Party, who are in favour of the EU has dug out these papers for further reading. They are for any person not conversant with the minute detail of international trade, almost incomprehensible.

Army for the EU.

There are only two States in Europe with good powerful armies – Britain and France.

France has been in, out and back in to NATO. Britain is not going to give up control of its military forces. Certainly there is going to be need of co-ordination of the forces - inside or outside of Nato.

Such co-ordination already occurs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_the_European_Union

If co-ordination of military forces does not occur then one must fear that the EU will split up. If Russia dared to move in on the Baltic States on the excuse of protecting Russian nationals (there is a Russian enclave beyond Lithuania - as happened in the Crimea), there would be another conflict and the UK would be drawn into another European conflict yet again, whether the UK was IN or OUT of the EU. Nato would be drawn into it willy-nilly.

I think that your admitted scanning of the documents is understandable given that the writer never intended them to be an easy read. Unfortunately, the trouble with the EU wolf is that it is very skilled at dressing in sheep’s clothing.

Let’s take the issue of law enforcement and judicial function for example:

Combating terrorism is of course a just cause, but it is being used as a smoke screen in this instance to hide the gentle erosion of the sovereignty of our country.

Under the UK constitution, the functions of law making, law enforcement, and the entire judicial system are a function of the Crown.

This is why every Act of Parliament is signed by the Monarch, every Police Officer swears to serve the Monarch, every judge is appointed by the Monarch, and we have a Crown Prosecution Service.

This function of the Crown cannot be devolved or given to any foreign power or body which is not subject to the Crown’s authority. To do so, or to make any attempt thereat, is not only unconstitutional, but also constitutes Treason.

The European Commission’s EPSC report clearly indicates that current law enforcement and judicial proceedings are insufficient, and desires to create ‘Bodies’ in addition to existing police forces and judicial authorities. The report speaks of ‘ensuring compliance’ in relation to secondment.

Then the report speaks of a European response with frontline tasks carried out by Joint Investigative Teams which sounds like a Euro law enforcement body to me.

The report goes on to speak of the development of the Union as a security provider (law enforcement agency) with “a mandate that extends beyond counter-terrorism”.

Then we are going to have a European Public Prosecutors Office with powers not only to investigate and prosecute, but also bring cases to judgment in our courts.

All of the above are intolerable assaults on the sovereignty of The Crown and are completely unconstitutional. The Crown is the embodiment of our nation and must be preserved. The foundation stone is our Sovereignty ---- Destroy that, and our Country is no more.

The EU takes our Sovereignty little by little, like an insidious infection, and in so doing attacks and destroys the very fabric of our nation.