No Inspection Report?

For properties which have not been updated for 30 years, ruins, wrecks etc, though, the DPE will be ‘vierge’, which isn’t really a lot of use though you can generally assume it to be in one of the the bottom two classes.

3 Likes

Right, as mentionned “the energy rating”. For the rest, who is willing to trust a seller who does not want to spend a few hundreds of euros before advertising and to engage in an offer without knowing what one is buying ? As one says in french: “comme on fait son lit on se couche”.

1 Like

Personally I trust people and my eyes quite a lot. The diagnostics have not made much of a difference to our decision in any of the properties we have bought. Although obviously reassuring to have confirmation that no termites….

3 Likes

An agent is not supposed to list a property without a diagnostic report

1 Like

One of the dangers of believing any energy report is the tick box format, how thick is the insulation and not if it was installed properly and confirmed with a thermal camera. The house two doors up has lots of insulation 120mm of PIR rigid foam, in winter their frost/snow layer disapears much sooner than ours.

Exactly……

And of course everything in France (or any other country) is done exactly according to the rules?

Our agent currently selling one of our properties listed it before the diagnostics were completed……made not a whit of difference as has taken three months to get an offer.

Having looked at houses recently, less than half had the diagnostic done and available. If it is a requirement, it’s not being enforced.

2 Likes

Only the DPE is mandatory on a property for sale - the rest are mandatory at contract stage.

2 Likes

One that we have looked at have offered to get one done in the event of an offer - I suppose you just make an offer conditional on the result of the report.

We had one done recently, it cost 400 euros in taxes

Oh dear… I noticed the separate blue section at the top… but further down it all seemed to be current… :rofl:

Ah well… always interesting to be ahead of the game… property can take years to sell :roll_eyes:

1 Like