No water circulation and high pressure in the filter

Thanks, just been to buy some eat de javel.

1 Like

How much eat de javel should I put in my pool for the winter? It is 4 by 8 by 1.5m ie 48metres cube, but of course it wonā€™t be that deep over winter.

Thanks

I find this a useful resource >> https://www.swimuniversity.com

Not sure if John would approve though !

No Peter I wouldnā€™t recommend it, whislt it does explain some things it generally makes the same incorrect assumptions that have been going around for years and therefore we donā€™t move forward.

" Using test strips to check your water chemistry every week is one of the simplest and most affordable ways to keep an eye on everything from pH, to free chlorine, to cyanuric acid levels."

Any site recomending test strips is NOT helpful. :unamused:

Hi Freya, sorry travelling again. Where are you with your water at the moment, pale blue, cloudy blue, green?

If things are clear at last then with your CYA stabiliser level a minimum of 12 litres of javel. Did Martin install the pump speed controller?

Fair enough. On that basis, where can I find your recommendations on how to keep my pool in pristine condition ? Interested to learn.

Right here :sunglasses:
What are yor issues?

Hi John,

The pool did sort itself out, but being on my own now I let my eye off the ball a bit and the bottom is green. Not the water, that is nice and clear, but the bottom needs a good clean.

Martyn and I have separated due to his having an affair and I am in the process of divorcing him. He never got round to installing the pump speed controller.

Today I put in half of one of those eau de javel containers. The chlorine level is quite high. I have done a backwash and aim this afternoon to clean the bottom of the pool to waste and so drop the pool level ready for my departure tomorrow and the winter.

I have managed to take off the summer cover, wash it and pack it away in the garage for the winter. Just need to put the winter cover in once I have sorted the pool out. I have put a sand bag on the top step.

I think I am up to speed at the moment with everything, but next summer might be another matter!

OK Freya, sounds like you are gettin on top of, obviously sorry to hear about your personal problems. Heaven knows what next year will have in store but continue to contact me, I can help but every holiday is spent on at least one pool and OH is getting a little peeved. We will get your contoller installed next season and it will help, it will save a lot of money on the electricity and produce better filtration.
Take care.
John

Thanks for your support John. Greatly appreciated. Hereā€™s hoping I get to keep the house in the divorce settlement!

1 Like

Indeed! :crossed_fingers:

Hi John,

It has been rather a long time since we last spoke and Iā€™m afraid I have real need of some help from you.

During this covid period we havenā€™t been able to get over but I was able to ask a friend to get someone in to lower the water level in the pool so that the pipes didnā€™t freeze.

Sadly, following this the steps pushed up and out and we have a real issue with rubbish botched steps that have come apart and a tear in our liner.

I am in the process of divorcing my husband as he has been having an affair for the last three years, so the house is now likely to be sold. We therefore need to repair the pool so that it looks ok.

I would really appreciate any ideas or suggestions as to how we can best fix the pool as cheaply as possible.

I am pretty stressed about this whole situation, so would really appreciate your help.

Freya

Hi Freya,
So sorry to hear your news, especially as I know you wanted to keep France. Any chance of some pictures of the damage? You may want to email them to me.
John

I tried to email you at Le Pre but it was rejected

Apparently there has been so much rain that the garden has become waterlogged. The small outlet pipe at the bottom of the pool was actually letting water into the pool. The water in the pool was lapping the top coping stones. I havenā€™t been able to get over there since last august and my friend ver was organising dropping the level of the water to below the skimmer. A few days later she went back up to check on the house and saw the state of the steps/pool.

She did get someone in to look at it and it turns out there is a 12ā€ tear at the bottom of them steps. Iā€™m guessing the cement board that was used to form part of the steps has torn through the liner as they shifted upwards.

It is an absolute disaster, particularly as I canā€™t even get over there to look at it myself. Iā€™m totally reliant on my friend Vera to help me out.

IMG_0658.jpg

The small outlet pipe at the bottom of the pool is probably a hydrostatic valve designed to just as it has, let water into the pool to release the pressure building up under the pool to prevent the whole pool floating out of the ground.
Certainly going to be a big job re setting the steps. Its perfectly possible to patch the liner, I have done a few over the years and larger splits than 12" successfully.
Sadly we wont be getting over any time soon by the sound of it so not sure how I can help. I could ask a friend to take a look but he now lives a couple of hours away.
We dropped our website when we stopped renting so that email went as well.

Just any advice would be appreciated and I know it wonā€™t get fixed anytime soon. I hope to go over sometime after Iā€™ve had my second vaccine but no idea if the french will let me in. That will not be before May.

If you know of someone who might be able to fix the steps and liner I would appreciate having some contact details. My friend Vera lives in Ligueil and has been helping me out so far.

Many thanks
Freya

TBH, I doubt any of us will be allowed over until June.
Making contact with Friend for you.

Thank you