Non conform septic tank

@Rickspen sure you have the right link there??

Yes, you’re quite right Peter. I have amended my post to reflect that some agents are good.

Gov.uk its predicted text sorry

I’ve got the report he just sent it through its not from SPANC I think its a diagnostic report on the tank and ground.
The estate agent said that if I buy the property with the issue the clock starts then for the 12 months not when the report was done?
Would you agree with that?

That is my understanding, not had the situation myself but friends did when they purchased and it was 12 months from them taking ownership.

1 Like

The person who installed our fosse said they routinely take longer than 12 months to sort out. Apparently in some cases they have to dig out and then wait several months for the ground to settle before they can do the installation. In our case it was 14 months (due to Covid and the weather) but the soil study was done after about 10 months so it seems they are happy to know that you are actually doing something. Our property had no fosse at all, the previous owner didn’t take action because of personal circumstances and as far as I know wasn’t penalised.

1 Like

Hi Diane,
Which company did you use and was they reliable?

Given the plant needed to perform this task, it is generally a local firm you need to consult. Your local Mairie will no doubt be in position to advise likely contenders.

1 Like

It was DRTP Assainissement they are based in Brittany. They knew what they were doing and dealt with the soil study speaking very good french to the SPANC man.

1 Like