'Normal' death in a time of coronavirus

Sounds like it should be the other way round

5 Likes

Report the evil twat to the RSPCA. Despicable.

3 Likes

“she is now on that island, which seems like an overflowing petri dish of covid-19.” Bloody cheek, not a bit like the cesspit of France then!

I don’t know how far they will take it…her hubby was in tears too…it wasn’t even a random vet it was the practice that they had gone to for 10 years since their dog was a puppy…

It could have been handled with much more sensitivity even in extreme circumstances…surely the vet could have put him to sleep in the boot of the car left them to say goodbye and then moved his body once out of pain…

I would never belittle the death of a dog. As I have aged I have lost friends and relatives some of them well before their time, but I have been able to rationalise their deaths. However, losing a dog that I have had since a puppy, who climbed all over me, who bit my ears and nose and destroyed plants in the garden just as they were about to flower, was sick in the car in the gap between the centre console and the front seat, but was always happy to see me come back from work, was full of joy just because I stroked his ears, and whose greatest joy was to fall asleep on my feet was the worst of all. I got over it by getting another, his great nephew. And now I have in turn his great nephew and niece. They have all been stupid, destructive, greedy and thick. But my life has been so much richer, and I know that my life won’t be worth living when I can no longer have their great nephews.

5 Likes

An achingly poignant tribute to the concept of “man’s best friend”. Very few could read it and not be touched, I think.

2 Likes

Hello Martin. good to see you back with us… it’s been a while.

Please do amend your Registration to show your Full Name as per our T&C’s
(we asked you in 2018)

I can do this for you, if you put your full name on this thread…

cheers

Hi Stella, and apologies for not having included my surname, which is Davies. I tried to find out how to add it, but have failed miserably. Thanks for your kind offer, and I would be grateful if you could add it for me.

2 Likes

All done and dusted… no worries… :slight_smile:

1 Like