Not applicable in the Cheerful News thread

Well not so bad, it could be worse. The news from @toryroo, I do hope that it is just like a mild flu’ and that you all get negative very soon. :smiley:

A bit clearer on the Spanish front. The other bloke already working there is paying not 40 but 20% tax, but the neccessity to buy or rent a car, high cost of living and house rental at more than half salary were all things Davey wasn’t banking on, although he knew that the salary was lower. So sadly, it’s back to Bangkok, but as he doesn’t start till the middle of October, the whole family are making the most of living next to the beach.

1 Like

Thanks all, tired, headachy, small cough, foggy brain. Had a temp earlier in the week but tested negative then (,but now not sure I did the test properly as didn’t have my glasses on and was slightly different!). Will keep you updated!

2 Likes

Not sure you are correct on this element. Our daughter, partner and grandchildren live in Barcelona and I can assure you that cost of living is certainly much lower than much of Europe but if you are comparing it with Thailand??

Hope it passes quickly @toryroo for you and the family :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

First soup of the autumn nearly ready, just what we need!

2 Likes

It’s felt a bit like autumn today… real nip in the air… so soup sounds exactly right !

1 Like

Camping out right now, and last night went down to about 10’C and certainly felt it after the baking Summer!

1 Like

Fascinated about your trip, would live to hear more about it / pics!? :smile:

Camping just near a place called Olargues (34). Absolutely spectacular scenery and the beauty of it is that, although it’s popular for hiking and mountain biking, there are so many routes you rarely pass others. Today I did just under 30km and saw one mountain biker! I didn’t take too many pics today, but here are a couple:

1 Like

And this is the view from the tent end yesterday

8 Likes

Fabulous! How many days are you out? Are you alone?

I arrived yesterday and will plan to go home probably Tuesday, as don’t want to miss my physio, although awfully tempting to stay longer, knowing that Autumn mildness is rapidly approaching! Think I need to test my ability to camp in Winter :grin:And yes, hiking alone, but I always let someone know where I am and send mesgs to say back safely.

1 Like

Hope you are starting to feel better? :crossed_fingers:X

1 Like

We came across Olargues by chance a few years ago. What a setting! Sounds like you’re having a good time. Happy camping !

1 Like

Thank you, slightly better today, headache gone. Usually hopeless at sitting down and resting but watching the queen all day helped me do that! All I did was a load of washing and a clean wash on the dishwasher followed by deep clean, seals and all. OMG people check your dishwasher seals I had NO idea how gross they can get :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Glad you are feeling a bit better and hope you feel loads better tomorrow!

Sounds like you have had a day of purifying!

1 Like

Not just the dishwasher. Do the same with the washing machine. Even if you use those cleaner products in the dishwasher, it still gunks up, especially in the drain at the bottom … you did remember to clean the drain at the bottom as well ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

1 Like

Vile what builds up, one week I bung a load of white vinegar through the machines and the other I use washing soda. You still have to ream out the crannies with a bamboo skewer from time to time. URRRGH

1 Like

Such a shame, David. (Málaga is one of my favourite cities.)

Sorry, I posted a reply, only to find @vero was talking about dishwasher gunk.