Not sure what to do visa

Hello all
My Titre Des Sejour ran out 15 05 23 , applied for renewal, 04 23 , have a paper receipt for reapplication but does not have an end date.
Tried to call and have messaged Préfecture no reply but that is unfortunately normal for here.
I am flying on 10 june Rennes to Nice have to complete relevant info passport details etc . It also asks for residency info including date run out.
Now obs my current card is out of date and paper has no date !! I have put my UK passport details which have been accepted but am worried that may have issues at airport ?
Also am looking to go to UK in July ! Does anybody know what happens if my passport gets stamped ? Thanks in advance hope someone can help am going in circles here.

Did you apply for straight-forward Visitor Renewal or try to change to allow you to Work ??? (which you were discussing in March…)

Does the Paper Receipt have a date of issue ??? like any letter/message there should be a date somewhere saying when it was typed/sent… :wink:

If I had serious worries about my status… I’d stay-put and not risk rocking the boat…
Perhaps your Mairie have a contact at your Prefecture… (just a thought…)

Is your paper receipt just for the submission of a dossier, or a formal récepissé for the renewal of a titre de séjour?

Ie does it look like this?

If it doesn’t then you are quite probably already in an irregular situation amd should probably not cross a border until you have regularised this. If you are trying to change visa status as Stella implies this is notoriously difficult and can take a very long time. (Which is why many people do it via applying for a new visa in the UK and returning to the UK for interview, but since your card has already expired you are slightly stuck).

You will of course be able to travel back to the UK, but may be blocked from or have a fair bit of hassle returning as you could be marked down as an over-stayer, and will have used up a lot of your visa free 90 days.

1 Like

Was a straight forward renewal titre des sajour. Did try to change were not able, thats another story.yes I have a date of issue wanted to know how long they lasted.
Thanks for input our mayor is not that helpful :roll_eyes:

My receipt is not as shown which looks like the 1 we had when we had a year visa and waited for residency visa.
The receipt was sent from St Lo as re-application was completed on line. The receipt was attached to an email. Am not leaving France just flying to another part.

You mentioned visiting UK in July.

Surely it’s the préfecture which deals with that sort of thing rather than the mairie?

2 Likes

@vero

I know that our Secretaire does have a contact at the Prefecture… which has been useful occasionally, over the years… :wink:

1 Like