Nothing in Particular

A propos of the topic, I think I can suggest an answer for why Orcas have been attacking vessels in the North Sea and elsewhere

This use of intelligent animals who are unable to refuse is despairing and says not at all good things about humans for doing it.

1 Like

Horrible, completely horrible :scream::face_vomiting::rage::sob:

It is things like this I think of when someone says that humans are basically good. Maybe many are but the ones who are not are much more busy doing the most bad they can.

1 Like

I continually ask myself , ‘What is the point of Russia?’ I ask this question of no other country, even tho’ one might be tempted to do so.

It saves China from being the bogeyman (shortly followed by the USA).

2 Likes

I think this is what the head of Wagner is now asking.

1 Like

“I didn’t believe that that something like that could happen. I can’t believe that a human brain can even consider that kind of barbaric act. I just can’t believe that,” he said.

Andriy voiced a concern you hear more and more here, and now the Ukrainian government has warned the Russians have mined part of the power plant and could blow it up next.

Just a couple of weeks ago the Dambusters Raid was celebrated in UK.

Mankind.

Pausing for thought….

Darfur again the victim of genocide.

1 Like

Not sure where else in SF to post this but I know there are members here who value all life and may already know about this

Now you can do a small something too

3 Likes

An octopus is intelligent. It would be worth reading Other Minds: The Octopus and the Evolution of Intelligent Life.

You can listen to a free Audio version on Youtube.

Octopus playtime.

1 Like

Have signed the petition which is reaching a million signatures and am perturbed to see that this octopus farming is proposed in Spain where an intelligent sentient creature, the octopus, will be “killed painfully by being frozen alive in icy vats to feed the food market.**”

The majority of ordinary Spanish people are against bullfighting and the treatment of greyhounds in Spain is deplorable, but commercial, political & special interests allow such activities to continue, and now the octopus.

1 Like

Dreams.

Speaking of octopuses reminded me of a wonderful series of dreams I had in younger days, at the bottom of a calm shallow sea.

I’d be pulling myself along a sunlit rocky but sandy sea floor, with my hands and arms, and with my body and legs trailing smoothly behind me, with great speed and confidence.

I was well aware that I was not breathing and felt very happy & safe down there, with perfect visibility, as in a Caribbean Sea.

Apparently (I looked it up) octopuses may dream as well.

Do octopuses dream?.

1 Like

Not only octopus dreams. You should see my dogs! Legs running. Muted barks and the odd howl. Then they jump up as though something bit them and run out of the room, only to sheepishly return a minute later. Definitely dreamers!

1 Like

Cats too!

1 Like

I watched this when it was broadcast and decided never could I eat octopus again regardless of what quality of life it had enjoyed.

2 Likes

I have not eaten octopus or squid since 2003 when 5 month old octopus Frieda learned to open jars by watching zoo aquarium keepers in Munich opening feed jars outside her tank.

Apparently there was also one in UK, name Roger Moore :joy:, who could do the same. Now we are hearing of many others.

One can only wonder what other things they can work out.

6 Likes

Cue George Harrison song…

1 Like

[quote=“Susannah, post:58, topic:43685”]
One can only wonder what other things they can work out.
[/qu

Curiosity in the kitchen…