Now the price of classic bikes seems to be taking off too

This is a beautiful restored machine but £20K :scream: Also they (and the H1) had the sobriquet “Widow maker” in their day, and I doubt the handling has got any better with time. If I remember the frame used to flex due to the power of the engine pulling one side of the swinging arm. A problem with the reflexes of a twenty year old, a killer at my age :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank god for that our small barn is full of bloody old bikes that my dh has assured me will be part of retirement funds. Get the damn things out I say :rofl:

Or should I put this in songs…

1 Like

Any two strokes? I love two strokes :slightly_smiling_face:

Dunno (added - Aussie saying - diminutive of ‘I do not know’ just in case you lot can’t work it out :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:) , I’ll ask himself, I guess considering the number of bikes we may well have some two strokes!

1 Like

I’d want to hear it running after being started from cold to ensure the middle conrod has a piston attached to it and not a tennis ball.

1 Like

They sound like a few stones rattling around in an empty can when ticking over. Then they sound like a wailing banshee when on full throttle. A sound from my youf… :grinning:

If it rattles, it’s correct. I’ve owned and ridden a number of 1980s two stroke bikes and they aren’t quiet.

1 Like

Just sold my DTR125 Year 2000. Nickel. Here it is in my workshop where it’s spent most of it’s time. Needs ridden.

In a similar vein I spend more time flushing dead petrol out of my XR250R than I do riding it.
2,500 greenlane and private track miles in 2004-5 then barely an annual fire-up and ride around the block a few laps since.
PS love the workshop

1 Like

I had 4 people call me about the DTR. So it will be gone as soon as confinement is over. Then I’m buying a Skyteam Dax 125 (can put it in the van). PS That is a very rare view of the workshop in a reasonably tidy state.

My Kawazaki Z1B had very frightening handling and braking. It was an attractive machine though. My move to Ducati probably saved me from a close relationship with tarmac or worse.

1 Like

Ahh, if I was 10 (maybe 15 :anguished:) years younger I’d buy a Multistrada. Surprisingly, my GP who’s a biker has been encouraging me to do so. That’s what I call good medical advice.

2 Likes