Now with a proper banking licence in France: Revolut Bank

1 Like

I could have answered my own question really…

The answer is no. :roll_eyes::rofl:

Trying to fill in this years French tax return. I have a revolut account with French IBAN. The account also has a UK account and sort code used to hold GBP transferred from my UK bank. Question is, is this a separate foreign account to be declared to the fisc on cerfa 3916 ?. If so, then there does not seem to be a separate UK IBAN. When I look at the GBP account details in the app, the SWIFT details give the same French IBAN as the EURO account. Any ideas ?

I wasn’t going to declare my Revolut account as its french (like yours), even though it holds GBP

Yes, we can do that, but I think the 3916 form insists on you entering an IBAN, and if you enter a French IBAN, which is the only IBAN I have, it is rejected.
@graham , do you know what should be do e here for the GBP revolut account as far as 3916 is concerned ?

I was thinking this at first, but it is a UK account, with a UK sort code and account number, so presumably it should be declared.

I have a sort-of equivalent problem with Wise in that, when they floated last year (I think) they changed where the euro account was housed from Germany to Belgium. Having previously declared the German account on 3916 or whatever, and since I had nothing to do with the moving of the money and certainly didn’t close one account and open another, I think the only thing I can do is change the details on 3916 to the current ones and add a note to the declaration saying that this all happened under the covers - originally X, now Y, contents unchanged.

Just checked mine - that, by the way, is working admirably this last week albeit with only one card on Applepay at the moment - and I have a Lithuanian IBAN… They know that I am resident in France, so why I ask?

My IBAN was eventually changed to a French one - I had to request it and it took a while.